Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Two beauties quit Miss Vietnam following surgery rumors
» Millions of people expected to join VN’s first Black Friday
» Vietnam finishes fifth at Asian Beach Games
Latest Category Posts
- Investors flock to Vietnam as e-commerce market expands
- Millions of people expected to join VN’s first Black Friday
- VietJet Air in $300 mln deal with CFM International: report
- Samsung Electronics wins $3 billion Vietnam project license
- Shrimp exports to RoK surge sharply
- Vietnam has two USD billionaires, 208 millionaires
- MOIT regulation on foreign retailers contains loopholes: lawyers
- No compensation for airlines affected by blackout at Vietnam’s largest airport: watchdog
- Farmers grow shaped pomelos for coming Tet
- Ha Noi to sell bio-fuel next month
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- How much do Vietnamese workers really earn?
- PepsiCo signs MoU to ensure stable outlets for Vietnam potato farmers
- Ministry publicizes wages of leaders of state-owned corporations
- Lao Cai told to boost cross-border trade
- Samsung Vietnam phone leap has farmhand living a dream (Video)
- Closing Vietnam’s largest airport could help fund new, costly terminal: expert
- Metro Vietnam’s losses under the microscope
- Vietnam’s business hub among 10 best emerging cities for startups: CNN
- Rose prices go through the roof
- EU trade deal to lift tariffs on 90 Vietnamese exports
- Forbes Vietnam to honor 50 best Vietnamese listed companies
- US dollar millionaires to “explode” in Vietnam in ten years
- Supermarkets more popular, but traditional markets remain busy as ever
- French firm eyes Vietnam’s sole airport manager
- Singapore's Ascendas in joint venture to build $130-mln Vietnam business park
- Standardized seaport to take shape in Phu Quoc island
- Foreign investors make big profits, then flee country
- Bright future seen for E-commerce
- Vietnam Airlines upgrades fleet with Airbus A350
- Vietnam’s exports to China rise despite territorial tensions