Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Many suspension bridges in central Vietnam may collapse at anytime
» Vietnam, Japan boost finance, customs cooperation
» Northern province carries out diverse solutions for sustainable development
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam’s exports to EU to increase 40 pct
- UN provides 1.1 million USD for new-style rural building
- Japanese firms seek investment opportunities in Binh Duong
- Programme helps strengthen VN’s int’l integration management
- Vietnam Airlines adds more flights for Hue Festival
- Quang Nam province to focus on tourism human resources
- Kien Giang helps local fishermen thrive
- Hanoi falling short of tourism potential
- Land rental rates could be increased
- Binh Dinh aims for friendly cassava cultivation
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese measure richness in luxurious cars and smart phones
- Electricity industry seeks more investment capital
- Taiwan a promising market for Vietnamese products
- Vietnam’s province wins $3.7 bln case lodged by US investor
- State’s stakes go for a good price
- PVN signs contract for new power station
- Apartments converted for social housing
- Bitcoin has arrived in Vietnam
- 2014 to be a good year for Vietnamese exports
- Tourism industry targets 8 mln foreign arrivals
- Vietnamese spend big on luxury goods
- Hanoi's most luxurious shopping center sumptuous and deserted
- Vietnamese rice most expensive in Asia?
- Japan investors expanding e-commerce in Vietnam
- Foreign investors' licences revoked
- Fruit tree made into bonsai for Tet
- HCM City holds top slot in e-commerce index
- Market heats up as super brand McDonald’s arrives
- Investment climate under reform pressure
- MPI asks Gov’t to drop BT investment format