Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Korean firm supports OVs
» US urged to reduce trade barriers against Vietnam
» Running away from illegal goldfields in Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Automated customs system fully rolled out in Hai Phong
- National action plan on green growth released
- HCM City hosts int’l gifts expo
- Long Thanh airport project proposal to be reviewed
- Customers encouraged to buy E5 gasoline
- Capital flows to government bonds
- Vietnam moves towards a green economy
- Vietnamese exporters seek niches in Middle East
- Southeastern region’s expo attracts 200 businesses
- Vietnam eyes wind power development
Popular Category Posts
- Local auto makers toast jump in January sales
- Local pangasius industry to face more hurdles as US Congress passes new law
- Japanese flock to VN to use cheap labor force
- Japanese investment in HCM City continues to rise
- Thai group to launch Robinsons supermarket in Vietnam
- Construction on SEA’s longest cross-sea bridge launched
- Vietnam Airlines to go public by late 2014
- Vietnamese cocoa market: Puratos Grand-Place has come
- IBM colossal investments benefit Vietnam
- Why Chinese businessmen only trick Vietnamese?
- Farmers don’t benefit from global fast food chains
- Tired of China, afraid of Thailand, Japanese capital heading for Vietnam
- Norwegian businesses keen on Vietnamese market
- Foreign investors lay down multi-billion dollar projects
- Vietnamese rice faces barriers in biggest markets
- NZ, Vietnam target US$1bil in trade value
- Shops underground prosperous
- Vietnam Motorbike Association prepares to debut
- FDI attraction under the microscope
- Who benefits most from Flappy Bird?