Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» MOT wants a more competitive aviation market
» Bruneian commander receives Vietnamese Rear Admiral
» Work starts on Bac Luan II Bridge crossing Vietnam-China border
Latest Category Posts
- Bac Giang strives to make life easier for ailing firms
- Property market on road to recovery
- Vietnamese bank increases support for businesses in Russia
- Vietnam named Asia’s Most Attractive Nation for Manufacturing
- BIDV issues 30mln USD loan for Myanmar bank
- New strains to lift maize yields
- Vietnam’s tea gets customs clearance in Taiwan
- Enterprises urged to build online brands
- Hanesbrands opens third factory in Viet Nam
- Electronic device factory opens in Ha Nam
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Lack of foreign language skills disadvantages Vietnamese firms
- How much do Vietnamese workers really earn?
- Japanese agency asked to verify Vietnam’s flight simulations
- Cash flows to Quang Ninh as investors see great opportunities in near future
- PepsiCo signs MoU to ensure stable outlets for Vietnam potato farmers
- Samsung Vietnam phone leap has farmhand living a dream (Video)
- Ministry publicizes wages of leaders of state-owned corporations
- Lao Cai told to boost cross-border trade
- Prime Minister approves Vietnam Airlines equitization plan
- Closing Vietnam’s largest airport could help fund new, costly terminal: expert
- Rose prices go through the roof
- Beverage firms protest validation stamps on beers
- Metro Vietnam’s losses under the microscope
- Vietnam’s business hub among 10 best emerging cities for startups: CNN
- Forbes Vietnam to honor 50 best Vietnamese listed companies
- Vietnam’s productivity rate remains lowest in the world
- EU trade deal to lift tariffs on 90 Vietnamese exports
- Homemade mooncakes emerge as new choice for Mid-Autumn Festival in Vietnam
- Supermarkets more popular, but traditional markets remain busy as ever
- US dollar millionaires to “explode” in Vietnam in ten years