Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Mekong River among top five river cruises in Asia
» Photos: Vietnam a decade ago
» Vietnamese student becomes online sensation in Hungary
Latest Category Posts
- PVEP asked to boost overseas investment
- Vietnam to import coal for thermal power plants
- Property market: positive spin on second half sales
- Garments and textiles fulfil 50% of export target
- India leads pharma market in Viet Nam
- Shrimp exports to Germany soars
- Buon Ma Thuot coffee registers in EU
- Exports hit US$5.82 bln in 15 days of July
- Marks & Spencer to enter VN
- Vietnam tech giant denies report of merger talks with Apple
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Tensions in East Sea prompt Vietnamese shift to other kinds of undertaking
- Vinalines chased by creditors from all four sides
- Milk prices lowered in anticipation of price ceiling
- Vietnam’s No. 1 e-commerce brand to be dethroned?
- Vietnamese netizens called on to boycott Chinese goods
- Many Vietnamese companies stop importing Chinese products
- Vietnamese farmers taken in by Chinese partners
- What tricks do Chinese businessmen play on Vietnamese farmers?
- Doing business with China could increase energy security risks
- Vietnam’s rising stature in global investment
- VN Minister, Coca-Cola executive meet to discuss expansion plans
- Mekong Delta opens doors to investors
- 18 world heritage sites: Vietnam “losing” billions of dollars?
- Investing in dollar not as profitable as in Vietnam dong: finance watchdog
- Vietnamese exports eye Middle East and African markets
- Foreign investors bullish on Vietnam market
- Chinese potatoes undergo toxicity tests in Vietnam vegetable hub
- One of four flights in Vietnam either delayed or cancelled
- Super rich in Vietnam triple in past decade: WB report
- Japan Desk debuts in Ba Ria-Vung Tau