Vietnam’s Ambassador to the US, Nguyen Quoc Cuong, has called on American firms to support Vietnam in gaining the US’s grant of the Generalised System of Preferences (GSP) and recognition for its market economy.
At a talks with representatives of about 50 US firms in Washington on April 11, Ambassador Cuong said that any support will help increase cooperation between the two countries as well as speed up negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement.
He urged the American business association to lobby the US Congress and the administration to recognise the benefits of Vietnam being in the TPP negotiations, particularly in the garments and footwear sectors.
The Vietnamese diplomat stressed that the TPP agreement is extremely important for its member countries, including the US and Vietnam , when taking into account the strong development and the level of liberalisation of trade in the Asia-Pacific region.
He asked US firms to continue to invest and trade with Vietnam and pointed out that the US is Vietnam ’s largest trading partner and bilateral economic cooperation has made gains in recent time.
Calman Cohen, a representative for the US business association at the talks, spoke of Vietnam’s economic development and confirmed his association’s support for Vietnam during the TPP negotiations process.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Indonesia ready to take over 2019 Asian Games from Vietnam: minister
» More support for HIV/AIDS-affected children
» Obama’s big mission during Asian tour
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam achieves 700 mln USD trade surplus
- ADB realigns operations to meet region's challenges
- Central region embarks on responsible tourism
- Japanese group opens chemical plant in Dong Nai
- Pacific Alliance declared huge potential market for Vietnam
- HCM City witnesses faster economic recovery
- Made-in-Thailand products showcased in Hanoi
- National economy on road to recovery: commission
- Agricultural land planning for Mekong Delta approved
- April CPI increases by 0.08 percent
Random Category Picks
- Vietnam posts $1bn qtrly trade surplus, highest in 4 yrs
- Ministry clears airport corp equitisation
- Major airlines to expand operations in foreign markets
- Vietnam warned about Cambodia as a rival in attracting FDI
- Shrimp industry protests US imposition of anti-dumping taxes
- VN firm builds floating unit to serve oil field
Popular Category Posts
- Local auto makers toast jump in January sales
- Local pangasius industry to face more hurdles as US Congress passes new law
- Japanese flock to VN to use cheap labor force
- Construction on SEA’s longest cross-sea bridge launched
- Vietnam Airlines to go public by late 2014
- Japanese investment in HCM City continues to rise
- Why Chinese businessmen only trick Vietnamese?
- Tired of China, afraid of Thailand, Japanese capital heading for Vietnam
- IBM colossal investments benefit Vietnam
- Farmers don’t benefit from global fast food chains
- Norwegian businesses keen on Vietnamese market
- Foreign investors lay down multi-billion dollar projects
- NZ, Vietnam target US$1bil in trade value
- Shops underground prosperous
- Only 1% of VND30-trillion package disbursed for HCM City
- Who benefits most from Flappy Bird?
- Street cafes have new faces
- Central fishermen harvest young lobsters
- The Vietnamese billionaires making their fortune from scratch
- Vietnamese companies hire gangsters to collect debts