The US has recently imported more fresh fruits and vegetables from Việt Nam, while decreasing imports of local canned products, according to the Vietnamese Trade Section in the foreign country.
In the first two months of this year, Việt Nam exported US$624,800 worth of dragon fruits to the US, up 170.9% on-year. Local pineapple products are also much favored in the US market.
Other potential fruits include litchi, mangosteen, sapodilla, star apple and rambutan.
According to the Import-Export Department under the Vietnamese Ministry of Industry and Trade, 36 kinds of vegetables are exported to the US, including mushrooms, cucumber, and young maize.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» The “Ba Den” custard apple
» Part 3: Vietnam still cherishes the hope of becoming a fruit export power
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese shares gain on liquidity growth
- Bank offers loans to support overseas workers
- Kien Giang to export farmed fish to China
- Vietnam’s dairy industry faces challenges
- Domestic production takes time to fully recover: experts
- Vietnam sends nearly 80,000 workers abroad
- Mixed opinions given for Vietnam’s economic prospects
- Vietnam’s diary industry faces challenges
- Vietnam levies anti-dumping duty on steel imports after lawsuits
- Slower growth in manufacturing sector
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- French businesses hails Vietnam’s investment environment
- The South Korean wave in Vietnam
- Exporters get support to enter EU market
- FDI sector lifts up hardware industry
- Vietnam may cut down rice land to increase incomes for farmers
- MoIT asked to rethink hydro-power plants
- A lot of FDI enterprises declare huge losses
- Four firms in HCM City face thorough inspection after salary theft scam
- More FDI flows into science-technology
- Restoring order in shrimp material export: An urgent need
- Ornamental fish make profit splash
- Showpiece casino lacking investors
- National economy grows by 5.14% in 9 months
- US experts advise Vietnam how to lift aviation industry to new heights
- Vermont welcomes VN investors to seize opportunities
- Health Ministry tries to keep a rein, but formula milk price remains restive
- $250 million to build a Vietnam-Laos bauxite pipe
- Vietnamese rice exporters seek ways to boost sales
- Chinese or American?
- Local firms lack knowledge of TPP trade agreement