HCM City-based manufacturing, services and tourism companies will showcase their products at an exhibition to be held in Myanmar's Yangon , from June 15 to 19.
Myanmar's Yangon, Photo: Internet
The organiser, the HCM City Investment and Trade Promotional Centre (ITPC), told a press conference in HCM City that the Ho Chi Minh City Expo 2012 follows a successful exploratory trip to Myanmar by a business delegation last month.
HCM City and Yangon leaders had then signed agreements to promote their economic, cultural, and investment ties.
The five-day exhibition will offer Vietnamese businesses an opportunity to promote their products and look for partners to set up distribution networks in Myanmar .
Huynh Tan Phong, deputy director of ITPC, said some 160 booths will exhibit a range of products such as food, processed food, plastics, agricultural products, furniture, textile and garment, footwear, cosmetics, electronics, household appliances, and construction materials.
Tourism services and construction and computer software design services will also be showcased.
Besides the display of products, the event will also highlight HCM City's economic, political and socio-cultural achievements and the close ties between Vietnam and Myanmar .
ITPC will survey Yangon and Mandalay for locations to establish a centre to sell and distribute Vietnamese products.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Photography Exhibition “War Reporters”
» Ongoing exhibition features Saigon in black-and-white photos
» Investors scramble for golden land in central Hanoi
Latest Category Posts
- Government to improve IPO procedures
- Shares continue their downward spiral
- Can Tho sees strong growth in Q1
- Imports a threat to local cattle industry
- Banks to invest 4.7 trillion VND in Northwest region
- Authorities return rules sign to Saigon’s coolest noodle stall in about-face
- Tien Sa Port developer turns down Official Development Assistance
- Vietnam to benefit from new wave of Japanese investment
- Many plants to join power wholesale market
- MOF reduces preferential incentives for Economic Zones
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- How do Vietnamese spend their money?
- HCM City’s CPI witnesses drastic decline in Jan.
- Viet Nam sets record trade surplus in 2014
- FDI hit US$663 million in January
- Japan wants to build underground trade center in Saigon subway station
- City targets surge in retail sales
- Falling oil poses Vietnam price or state-budget conundrum
- How much do Vietnamese pilots really earn?
- Firms urged to spur VN-US ties
- PetroVietnam advised to focus on oil, gas exploitation
- Vietnam banks on macadamia nuts
- Sudan’s businesses promote trade in HCM City
- Acronis to penetrate Vietnamese market
- Vietnam’s power prices to surge 7.5 percent this month
- Cassava exports rebound, but still vulnerable
- In Vietnam, firms found buying buffalo meat to sell as beef
- Japan to cooperate with Ho Chi Minh City in agriculture: minister
- Vietnamese-labelled goods made in China harming domestic production
- Vietnam, ADB sign loans for reforms, Hanoi metro line
- Mass sick leave wins pay raise for Vietnam protesting pilots