HCM City-based manufacturing, services and tourism companies will showcase their products at an exhibition to be held in Myanmar's Yangon , from June 15 to 19.
Myanmar's Yangon, Photo: Internet
The organiser, the HCM City Investment and Trade Promotional Centre (ITPC), told a press conference in HCM City that the Ho Chi Minh City Expo 2012 follows a successful exploratory trip to Myanmar by a business delegation last month.
HCM City and Yangon leaders had then signed agreements to promote their economic, cultural, and investment ties.
The five-day exhibition will offer Vietnamese businesses an opportunity to promote their products and look for partners to set up distribution networks in Myanmar .
Huynh Tan Phong, deputy director of ITPC, said some 160 booths will exhibit a range of products such as food, processed food, plastics, agricultural products, furniture, textile and garment, footwear, cosmetics, electronics, household appliances, and construction materials.
Tourism services and construction and computer software design services will also be showcased.
Besides the display of products, the event will also highlight HCM City's economic, political and socio-cultural achievements and the close ties between Vietnam and Myanmar .
ITPC will survey Yangon and Mandalay for locations to establish a centre to sell and distribute Vietnamese products.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Exhibition spotlights President Ho Chi Minh’s testament
» Cuban link to photo show
» Expo on sovereignty protection begins in southern Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Vinaphone, Vodafone clinch strategic partnership
- Singaporean investors earning big money in Vietnam
- Automobile market picks up steam
- First rent-free trading centre opens in Ha Noi
- Viet Nam farm to produce Kobe beef
- Vietnam urged to boost global air connectivity
- Vietsovpetro discovers new oil well offshore Vietnam
- Vietnam eyes reduction in seed imports
- Airliners test new direct route between Hanoi and HCM City
- Malaysian tycoons bent on cornering Vietnam market
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese farmers taken in by Chinese partners
- What tricks do Chinese businessmen play on Vietnamese farmers?
- Foreign investors bullish on Vietnam market
- Inside the first Starbucks store in Hanoi
- Metro Vietnam sold for $879 million
- Chinese farm produce floods Vietnam market
- Investing in dollar not as profitable as in Vietnam dong: finance watchdog
- 18 world heritage sites: Vietnam “losing” billions of dollars?
- Four FDI businesses licensed in Hai Duong
- Japan Desk debuts in Ba Ria-Vung Tau
- Intel's contributions to City development hailed
- One of four flights in Vietnam either delayed or cancelled
- Super rich in Vietnam triple in past decade: WB report
- A policy change needed in border trade with China
- Chinese potatoes undergo toxicity tests in Vietnam vegetable hub
- Phu Quoc Island has highest hotel prices in Vietnam
- HCM City revokes licenses of over 500 long-delayed realty projects
- Thailand giant may buy Metro Vietnam for $500 million
- Japanese businesses want to invest in Vietnam
- Starbucks opens first of 3 stores in Ha Noi