HCM City-based manufacturing, services and tourism companies will showcase their products at an exhibition to be held in Myanmar's Yangon , from June 15 to 19.
Myanmar's Yangon, Photo: Internet
The organiser, the HCM City Investment and Trade Promotional Centre (ITPC), told a press conference in HCM City that the Ho Chi Minh City Expo 2012 follows a successful exploratory trip to Myanmar by a business delegation last month.
HCM City and Yangon leaders had then signed agreements to promote their economic, cultural, and investment ties.
The five-day exhibition will offer Vietnamese businesses an opportunity to promote their products and look for partners to set up distribution networks in Myanmar .
Huynh Tan Phong, deputy director of ITPC, said some 160 booths will exhibit a range of products such as food, processed food, plastics, agricultural products, furniture, textile and garment, footwear, cosmetics, electronics, household appliances, and construction materials.
Tourism services and construction and computer software design services will also be showcased.
Besides the display of products, the event will also highlight HCM City's economic, political and socio-cultural achievements and the close ties between Vietnam and Myanmar .
ITPC will survey Yangon and Mandalay for locations to establish a centre to sell and distribute Vietnamese products.
|< Prev||Next >|
» 100 photos of Hanoi you probably haven’t seen
» Military history exhibition held
» Exhibition “Earth by Fire and Zodiac”
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese auto companies join alliance
- Major expressway project to soon be back on track
- Hanoi: Not smooth pilot metro line
- Vietnam earning USD12bn from remittances by overseas workers
- CBU car imports surge 30%
- Vietnam retains top slot in cashew exports
- Vietnam looks for closer trade ties with Kuwait
- Beijing seminar spotlights Vietnam-China cooperation
- Trade pact creates chances for Vietnam exports to South Korea: official
- HCMC urges firm to give up land for metro line
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- PepsiCo signs MoU to ensure stable outlets for Vietnam potato farmers
- Soc Trang plans forum to focus on Mekong Delta development
- Closing Vietnam’s largest airport could help fund new, costly terminal: expert
- Forbes Vietnam to honor 50 best Vietnamese listed companies
- Rose prices go through the roof
- Vietnam’s business hub among 10 best emerging cities for startups: CNN
- Vietnamese businessmen raise wild animals as a hobby
- Vietnam a growing market for luxury cars
- Vietnam Airlines upgrades fleet with Airbus A350
- Standardized seaport to take shape in Phu Quoc island
- Vietnam’s exports to China rise despite territorial tensions
- Wealthy Vietnamese businesspeople shun the bourse
- Vietnam city combines shopping, tourism and cuisine in year-end program
- PetroVietnam overseas investment reaches $2.6bn
- Food courts in shopping malls bustling with customers
- VND2,300 billion steel-sheet plant built in Nghe An
- Vietnam’s Mekong Delta farmers spend $291mn on crop protection in H1: GfK
- Vietnam-Russia trade sees promising opportunities
- Seminar to broaden Vietnam, South Africa cooperation
- Vietnam scrambles to squash Taiwanese rumor about dioxin-tainted tea