Representatives of businesses in HCM City gathered at a seminar on May 8 to learn about the Myanmar market, which is emerging as one of top investment destinations in the region.
This file photo shows a main road near the Sule pagoda in downtown Yangon. , Photo: AFP
Dam Trung Bac, Honorary Consul General of Myanmar in HCM City said Vietnamese businesses could invest in potential fields such as building industrial parks, aquaculture, and growing forests and rubber plantations in Myanmar .
He added that Myanmar also has a great demand for developing electricity, telecommunications, automobile repair and consumer products, with production accounting for less than 20 percent of domestic consumption.
However, participating experts recommended investors to pay attention to Myanmar ’s investment and trading policies, including its administrative and investment procedures, which are inherently cumbersome and time-consuming.
Additionally, trading firms also need to choose strategic products for exports, helping them successfully compete with rivals from China and Thailand.
|< Prev||Next >|
» HCM City to need 265,000 workers in 2014
» Angola calls for VN investment
» VN looks for Chinese investment
Latest Category Posts
- Southern hub to shut down unsafe nurseries
- Japanese ODA for transport projects continues to soar
- Mobile service providers to recall inactivated SIMs
- Experts target growth in aquaculture sector
- South Korea eyeing Vietnam as new farm produce supplier
- Incentives for Vietnamese investors in Belgium
- Vietnam's trade deficit to China surges to near $20 bln
- Chinese exports to Vietnam: greater volumes, cheaper prices
- 7 Eleven does warm-up before entering Vietnam
- EVN power monopoly to be short-circuited
Popular Category Posts
- More FDI flows into science-technology
- Restoring order in shrimp material export: An urgent need
- Ornamental fish make profit splash
- Competent agencies’ delays harms jewelry industry
- Vietnamese rice exporters seek ways to boost sales
- Health Ministry tries to keep a rein, but formula milk price remains restive
- Chinese or American?
- Investment incentives begged for bauxite projects
- Airlines spent big money to upgrade fleets
- FDI businesses continue production despite losses
- Foreign investors eyeing Vietnamese power sector
- Hanoi moves to stabilise price of consumer goods
- Japanese outfits eye HCM City's attractive semiconductor sector
- Golf project scorecard leaves numbers par for the course
- Bad debt settlement: do it yourself
- Vietnam Airlines releases tickets ahead of Tet
- Hai Phong attracts new FDI projects
- Rising food prices limit buyer choices
- Power market’s low competition
- HCM City focuses on business sector boost