The Consultative Group (CG) for Vietnam will hold its mid-year meeting in Dong Ha city, the central province of Quang Tri on June 4-5.
Photo: Tuoi Tre
The World Bank Vietnam announced on May 16 that the meeting will focus on three topics: a macro-economic update for Vietnam ; breakthroughs and challenges in poverty reduction and major challenges in the application of poverty reduction policies in the central coastal provinces; and managing vulnerability to natural disaster in the central coastal provinces.
Ahead of the CG meeting, Vietnam Business Forum (VBF), a structured and ongoing dialogue linking the Vietnamese Government and business community, will be held on May 29.
The forum will be jointly held by the VBF Consortium in partnership with the Ministry of Planning and Investment and the International Finance Corporation (IFC).
The mid-year VBF will focus on investment climate perception as seen by local and foreign associations, plus discussions about banking and capital markets, infrastructure, investment, trade and education and training.
The CG is a forum where Vietnamese Government and international donors for development can exchange ideas on economic policies, poverty reduction strategies and effective use of ODA.
The meeting was first held in Vietnam in 1999.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam keen to receive donor support
» Consultative Group to convene on December 10
» CG meeting to be held in HN next month
Latest Category Posts
- WTO makes trade negotiation breakthrough at Bali meeting
- Mexican firms turn to Vietnamese market
- Malaysia's exports expected to grow 2.9 percent in 2013
- TPP ministerial meeting opens in Singapore
- Corporate responsibility needs a boost
- State Bank leaves interest rates unchanged
- PM: HCM City must achieve macro-economic stability
- Exporters to face more anti-dumping lawsuits
- Vietnamese remittances to reach 10.6 bln USD this year
- Singaporean firm to buy stake in local food processor
Popular Category Posts
- Over 4,700 enterprises in HCM City resume operation
- The South Korean’s battle on Vietnamese land
- French businesses hails Vietnam’s investment environment
- The South Korean wave in Vietnam
- Exporters get support to enter EU market
- FDI sector lifts up hardware industry
- Vietnam may cut down rice land to increase incomes for farmers
- MoIT asked to rethink hydro-power plants
- A lot of FDI enterprises declare huge losses
- Four firms in HCM City face thorough inspection after salary theft scam
- More FDI flows into science-technology
- Buying debts enables foreigners entering VN property market
- Minimum wage increase decision makes businesses dumbstruck
- Restoring order in shrimp material export: An urgent need
- Ornamental fish make profit splash
- Showpiece casino lacking investors
- Hue reopens upgraded airport
- Consumers choose the cheaper option
- National economy grows by 5.14% in 9 months
- Vermont welcomes VN investors to seize opportunities