US Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City and Strategic Alliance Vietnamese Ventures International (SAVVi) organized the 2012 Technology Entrepreneurs Creative Mix (TECx) at New World Saigon Hotel on Wednesday.
Consul General Le Thanh An (center) and SAVVi President Huy Do, (1st, right) talk with the media on the sideline of the event., Photo: Thoai Tran
The event, taking place from July 4 to 7, is a chance to boost cooperation between Vietnam and America technological businesses.
The annual event, themed “Technology Immersing Our Lives”, is also held to promote and strengthen trade relations between Vietnam and the US in the field of technology, trade and investment, said Consul General Le Thanh An.
“There will also be opportunities to brainstorm and collaborate on education and sustainable agriculture, sectors being rapidly changed by technology and visionary entrepreneurs,” An added.
There are about 15 American businessmen and experts who participate in the conference to discuss new US-invented technologies and thinking in seven main areas, including movie production, media, digital consent/payment, healthcare (stem cell research and technological applications in skincare and eye-care), agriculture (biotechnology in agriculture), education and entrepreneurships.
The presentations and discussion panels joined by US and Vietnamese experts in the related fields of technology will take place during the daytime.
The evening session will be set for Vietnamese enterprises to register to meet directly with US firms to learn about the technologies as well as find opportunities for cooperation.
“I am confident during this program many creative ideas will be born and shared; and that unexpected new collaborations will be founded,” An said.
The four-day conference is held in partnership with SAVVi Angels Network, Saigon Hi-Tech Park (SHTP), and VinaCapital Foundation. Its diamond, platinum and gold sponsors are the Windsor Property Management Group Corporation (WMC Group), BOSE, and New World Saigon Hotel respectively.
The US-based SAVVi is a subscription based global platform providing services to those wishing to do business with Vietnamese professionals and Vietnam. It has about 2,500 members across the globe with chapters in Northern and Southern California, Texas, Vietnam, and France.
|< Prev||Next >|
» HCM City hosts Vietnam-US technology conference
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese people consume 3 billion litres of beer in 2013
- Vietnam’s exports to Mexico surge
- Auto sales to pick up at year-end
- Experts target growth in aquaculture sector
- South Korea eyeing Vietnam as new farm produce supplier
- Incentives for Vietnamese investors in Belgium
- Vietnam's trade deficit to China surges to near $20 bln
- Chinese exports to Vietnam: greater volumes, cheaper prices
- 7 Eleven does warm-up before entering Vietnam
- EVN power monopoly to be short-circuited
Popular Category Posts
- More FDI flows into science-technology
- Restoring order in shrimp material export: An urgent need
- Ornamental fish make profit splash
- Competent agencies’ delays harms jewelry industry
- Vietnamese rice exporters seek ways to boost sales
- Health Ministry tries to keep a rein, but formula milk price remains restive
- Chinese or American?
- Airlines spent big money to upgrade fleets
- FDI businesses continue production despite losses
- Foreign investors eyeing Vietnamese power sector
- Hanoi moves to stabilise price of consumer goods
- Japanese outfits eye HCM City's attractive semiconductor sector
- Golf project scorecard leaves numbers par for the course
- Bad debt settlement: do it yourself
- Hai Phong attracts new FDI projects
- Vietnam Airlines releases tickets ahead of Tet
- Rising food prices limit buyer choices
- Power market’s low competition
- HCM City focuses on business sector boost
- Rubber exports stretch to fetch $4.5 billion in 2013