The Republic of Korea is set to hold ministeriallevel talks with Vietnam soon over a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA), said the RoK Trade Ministry on July 15.
According to the ministry, the country is making all-out efforts to complete bilateral free trade pacts with a number of ASEAN member countries in a bid to further boost trade volume.
The RoK is also in negotiations with Indonesia over a so-called Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), which is equivalent to a free trade agreement.
Last week, the two countries held their first round of free trade talks in Jakarta , the ministry added.
"If bilateral free trade pacts with Vietnam and Indonesia are sealed, exports to both nations will increase," said an official at the ministry.
The RoK has a FTA with the 10-member ASEAN that includes Indonesia and Vietnam .
But the country has also been seeking bilateral pacts with some ASEAN members to further boost trade with the region.-VNA
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam, EU to negotiate for free trade agreement
» Vietnam, EU eye trade deal
Latest Category Posts
- Indian state seeks trade ties with Vietnamese partners
- Treasury mobilises 5 trillion VND from Gov’t bonds
- IMF: Vietnamese economy recovers after hitting bottom
- Buildbank takes shape, raises controversy
- VPBank, VCCorp enter partnership
- Trade deficit starts soaring in half May
- Coffee to get preferential credit loans
- Vietnam unlikely to meet 5.5% GPD growth target
- State’s “super-corporation” also bears competition pressure
- VND9 trillion of soft loans for realty companies
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- In economic recession, Vietnamese still spend money on luxurious cars
- Vietnamese billionaires better known in western world
- Enterprises agree to first BPO partnership
- VN rice sector concerned as Thailand mulls sell-off
- Newspaper names VN’s 100 strongest brands
- MobiFone blocks 18 spam SMS numbers
- The Vietnamese billionaires who return from East European countries
- Vietnamese steel makers hurt by deficit
- VN int’l fair boosts up handicraft and wood industry
- Vietnam vows to impose heavy punishment to stop seafood material bleeding
- MOIT lends a hand to EVN to raise electricity price
- Even big foreign investors cannot reach for Sabeco
- Who is the real owner of “Vinacafe”?
- Firms say state capital manager’s role insignificant
- Officers seize GmB milk, find new violation
- Google fined $7 million over hotspot data grab
- Vietnam vows to restrain prices to curb inflation
- Fast food chains hunt for retail premises, real estate market warms up
- Samsung’s $2 billion project goes “incredibly quickly”
- Cbank takes move to stabilize forex market, but not gold