The Republic of Korea is set to hold ministeriallevel talks with Vietnam soon over a bilateral free trade agreement (FTA), said the RoK Trade Ministry on July 15.
According to the ministry, the country is making all-out efforts to complete bilateral free trade pacts with a number of ASEAN member countries in a bid to further boost trade volume.
The RoK is also in negotiations with Indonesia over a so-called Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA), which is equivalent to a free trade agreement.
Last week, the two countries held their first round of free trade talks in Jakarta , the ministry added.
"If bilateral free trade pacts with Vietnam and Indonesia are sealed, exports to both nations will increase," said an official at the ministry.
The RoK has a FTA with the 10-member ASEAN that includes Indonesia and Vietnam .
But the country has also been seeking bilateral pacts with some ASEAN members to further boost trade with the region.-VNA
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Prime Minister receives Israeli agriculture minister
» Vietnam, EU to negotiate for free trade agreement
» Vietnam, EU eye trade deal
Latest Category Posts
- WTO makes trade negotiation breakthrough at Bali meeting
- Mexican firms turn to Vietnamese market
- Malaysia's exports expected to grow 2.9 percent in 2013
- TPP ministerial meeting opens in Singapore
- Corporate responsibility needs a boost
- State Bank leaves interest rates unchanged
- PM: HCM City must achieve macro-economic stability
- Exporters to face more anti-dumping lawsuits
- Vietnamese remittances to reach 10.6 bln USD this year
- Singaporean firm to buy stake in local food processor
Popular Category Posts
- Over 4,700 enterprises in HCM City resume operation
- The South Korean’s battle on Vietnamese land
- French businesses hails Vietnam’s investment environment
- The South Korean wave in Vietnam
- Exporters get support to enter EU market
- FDI sector lifts up hardware industry
- Vietnam may cut down rice land to increase incomes for farmers
- MoIT asked to rethink hydro-power plants
- A lot of FDI enterprises declare huge losses
- Four firms in HCM City face thorough inspection after salary theft scam
- More FDI flows into science-technology
- Buying debts enables foreigners entering VN property market
- Minimum wage increase decision makes businesses dumbstruck
- Restoring order in shrimp material export: An urgent need
- Ornamental fish make profit splash
- Showpiece casino lacking investors
- Hue reopens upgraded airport
- Consumers choose the cheaper option
- National economy grows by 5.14% in 9 months
- Vermont welcomes VN investors to seize opportunities