|1. Hoang Long Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|2. Danang Golf Club|
City: Quang Nam
|3. Sun River Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|4. Truc Lam Vien Restaurant|
|5. BRAVO Software Company|
Category: Software Applications
|6. Nguyen Hung Stone|
Category: Arts and Crafts
The Prime Minister has appointed another deputy governor to the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) to accelerate restructuring in the banking sector.
Dao Minh Tu, newly-appointed Deputy Governor of SBV
Dao Minh Tu will be the sixth deputy governor of the SBV, beginning May 15, 2012.
Other SBV deputy governors include Nguyen Dong Tien, Le Minh Hung, Tran Minh Tuan, Dang Thanh Binh and Nguyen Toan Thang.
Various international organisations have been recommending that Vietnam set a comprehensive programme for the restructuring of the banking sector for some time.
In order to meet this target, they say, it is vital that the country has both capital and competent human resources.
According to the country's road map for restructuring of the banking system, banks have been put into categories. Category number 3 are given from the second quarter of this year until the end of next year to complete their restructuring plans. The target for this group is to achieve credit growth rate of 8% in 2012.
Between 2013 and 2015, the country will focus on enhancing the efficiency of banks and strive to increase the level of at least 1 or 2 of them to the highest rated in the region.
Another goal is that by 2015, at least four financial institutions will be eligible to compete in the regional market. By 2020, one or two institutions are expected to be listed among the largest financial institutions in the Southeast Asia.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam lends $400 million to improve economy, education
» Gov’t asks for reduction of interest rate gap
» New credit growth limits applied to commercial banks
Latest Category Posts
- Dong/dollar exchange rate to cool down in July
- Credit growth prospects looking brighter
- Industry insider assesses insurance market
- Dollar price increase raises rumor about dong devaluation
- Most banks' gold accounts to close
- Banks raise forex rates on surging short-term demand
- Monetary and fiscal policies go their separate ways
- Bad debts decrease, but worries still exist
- Money men snub real-estate investment
- SBV restructures huge bad debts
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnam ranks ninth in the world for overseas remittances
- Gov’t asks for reduction of interest rate gap
- New credit growth limits applied to commercial banks
- Establish national gold exchange: experts
- Illegal loaning found at Sacombank
- Vietnam second in Southeast Asia remittance ranking
- Gold price plunge makes investors puzzled
- SBV holds tenth gold bullion auction
- Time for monetary policy loosening
- Blue chips lift shares on both exchanges
- Vietnam pays heavy price for uncontrolled gold mobilization
- Businesses put pressure on central bank to delay bad debt classification
- Gold price gap creates fertile land for illegal imports
- SBV to be grilled over gold market management
- Bank hits foreign investor limit
- Credit quotas make no more significance to banks
- Management of gold market in line with law, says State Bank
- Central Bank official quashes money change rumours
- M&A in banking sector: who will be next?
- Where have the 6 tons of gold gone?