The merger of Habubank (HBB) and Sai Gon-Ha Noi Bank (SHB) is reaching the second stage of a three-stage process. The deal, if carried out successfully, will become the first voluntary bank merger to take place this year.
In a decision last week, the State Bank of Viet Nam approved the merger in principle, and SHB is preparing to ask the State Securities Commission to approve an issue of additional shares.
"These are not bonus shares or treasury stocks, so there will be no changes in reference price or dilution," said SHB chairman Do Quang Hien.
The Ha Noi Stock Exchange had no plan to adjust the reference price of SHB shares, although the bank had not yet released its issuing plan, an exchange official told the publication Dau tu Chung khoan (Securities Investment) on condition of anonymity.
It was possible, he said, that the exchange would widen the trading margin for the stock so that investors could decide the price.
Under the plan being discussed, HBB shareholders will be able to exchange one HBB share for three quarters of a new SHB share. If SHB shares retain their current trading price of VND9,200 per share, that would result in HBB being traded at around 20 per cent below converted value. The expected result is that, after the merger, SHB shares would decline in value.
HBB shareholders will retain about 75 per cent of equity in the bank, worth around VND4 trillion (US$190.4 million), while the remaining 25 per cent will be bought up by SHB.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Chinese plant growth stimulant contains banned substance
» Customers, gas suppliers worry over gas price hike
» Headquarters of ministries in Hanoi to be preserved as a relic
Latest Category Posts
- A lot of commercial banks change hands
- Vietnam’s remittances exceed expectation to top $11 bln
- HCM City SOEs to benefit from SBV $2bn credit
- SeABank to raise charter capital
- Stability key to domestic bond market
- Dollar market wakes up suddenly after long sleep
- Compulsory bank restructuring spares no one
- Vietinbank launches new ATM withdrawal service
- Striving for 12 percent credit growth rate – what for?
- Singaporean bank withdraw funds from VPBank
Popular Category Posts
- The major operation succeeds at 8/9 weak banks
- Vietnam pursues cautious, flexible monetary policy
- VN economy sees dollarisation decline
- Stability helps bolster investors’ confidence
- Vietnamese people spend USD3.5 million on jewelry annually
- Gold prices continue on downward trend
- Vietcombank recognised by regional magazine
- SBV releases regulations for VAMC
- Local banks offload bad debt to VAMC
- Vietnamese banks’ CARs surprisingly high
- Slow reforms drag bank-risk profiles
- SBV regulates debt grouping
- Interest arroused over Eximbank, Sacombank new merger rumours
- Gold measures balance market
- Gov’t confirms higher budget deficit plan
- Interbank interest rates fall 1.17%
- PM mulling greater foreign interest in banking sector
- VND will be devaluated, but when and how?
- People worry themselves sick about gold kept at banks
- “Black credit” provides money to businesses to pay bank debts