|1. Mekong JSC.|
City: Can Tho
|2. An Giang Tourimex JSC.|
Category: Travel Agents
City: Long Xuyen, An Giang Province
|3. Vinashin Group|
City: Ha Noi
|4. Song Da 7 JSC.|
City: Son La
|5. Nha Trang Seafoods -...|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Nha Trang
|6. Hantex Co., LTD.|
City: Ha Nam
The central bank has ordered financial institutions to stop charging their customers for withdrawing money from ATMs. It also instructed banks to keep other fees constant for 2012 and publish fee tables at ATMs.
Certain banks have already collected fees for ATM transaction, Photo: Tuoi Tre
The directive followed complaints that customers had to pay to withdraw money from their own banks’ machines. Typically, cardholders only had to pay for interbank transactions, such as using ATMs of banks where they didn’t have accounts.
Other clients protested that some banks had doubled the cost, to VND3,300, to check balances, transfer funds, or print statements, sometimes without notice. Other costs have gone up, too.
This month, for instance, Techcombank started charging VND5,940 for interbank transactions, up from VND3,300.
SBV reminded local banks to adhere strictly to its regulations and those of the Vietnam Bank Card Association (VBCA).
The central bank said also that it is working with the association to develop a reasonable roadmap to collect ATM fees, which will be publicly announced to cardholders.
Source: Tuoi tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Australia's central bank cuts key interest rate to record low
» ECB's Draghi 'ready to act if needed'
» US central bank keeps buying bonds to boost economy
Latest Category Posts
- State Bank tries to keep gold bidding price high?
- Banks warned about risks of lending to large-scale enterprises
- Bank scotches currency rumours
- VN's gold policy aims at market or price stabilization?
- PVFC agrees on plan to merge with Western Bank
- Central bank dispels forex rate adjustment rumor
- Gold loses its appeal as VN bucks Asia trend
- Developing countries to get bigger share of investments: World Bank
- Rates, risk keys to micro-finance
- Lending over 4 months up 2.1%
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- 12 percent credit growth rate proves to be unattainable
- Vietnam considers loosening foreign currency management policy
- New credit limits ‘are likely'
- Cbank announces corrections on banking system data
- Gold market to have new big supply
- SBV trades non-SJC gold, commercial banks make fat profit
- Bad debt ratio decrease raises worry than joy
- Banks favour Government bonds
- Credit institution investment rules to be tightened
- Ceiling interest rate reduction put banks in a stir and a jumble
- Banks see increase in outstanding loans
- Banks move ahead with M&A plans
- Growing CPI threatens share trade volumes
- Ministry outlines plan to develop bond market
- Central bank extends gold policy
- Interest rates down, cash flow gets stuck
- Banks to support investment seminars
- Banks don’t want to sell bad debts?
- Can SBV intervention help gold trade?
- The secrets of ATMs