A ceremony that recognises outstanding ASEAN enterprises and their contributions to developing the region’s economy was held in Vientiane, Laos on July 28.
A total of 29 businesses received the outstanding ASEAN enterprises award, 33 were recognised as ASEAN famous brands and 15 others won business-related prizes for their contribution to the integration process in the ASEAN region.
In addition to giants, such as Military Bank and Saigon-Hanoi Bank (SHB), which added this year’s award to previous wins, many local businesses were honoured, including Hmong Agricultural and Pharmaceutical Products Company which is located in the Sapa district of Lao Cai province and Tay Giang Mineral Company in Cao Bang province.
Organised by the ASEAN Business Advisory Council, the event aims to honour exceptional ASEAN businesspeople who promote their company’s brand name in a global market and improve the quality of their products and services.
After the award ceremony, Vietnamese and Lao businesses raised tens of thousands of US dollars for disadvantaged and disabled people.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Samsung moves its factories from China to Vietnam
- Trade with US continues to increase
- Heavy discounts boost auto sales
- HCMC to cut fee for small cars
- Vietnamese enterprises anticipate market recovery
- Produce exports to China fruitful
- Macroeconomic instability leading to speculation
- VN to establish housing savings bank to support housing projects
- Foreign companies deliver on investment
- New helicopter debuts in VN
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnam’s inflation rate may exceed the 8% threshold in 2013
- ADB maintains 5.2% GDP forecast for Vietnam in 2013
- Big test for ageing economic system
- New WB report stresses on importance of trade facilitation
- Entrepreneur forum helps lift VN-Canada trade
- TPP: If Japan cools, Vietnam would have opportunities
- PVN on course to hit annual targets
- ‘New approach' needed
- Local economy stuck at bottleneck, say experts
- Inspectorate blasts EVN diversions
- GDP inching up strenuously
- Vietnam's economy regaining growth momentum
- Experts skeptical about transfers of ailing SOEs
- Bright forecast for trade links between Viet Nam and Japan
- City set for major economic restructuring
- PM urges greater efforts to rein in rising inflation
- Vietnam considers selling a bank to foreigners
- VN’s economy relatively resilient, but core problems persists: Fitch
- Time's right for Algerian trade
- IMF: Gov’t succeeds in regaining macroeconomic stability