Thailand’s telecoms group, True Corporation, has announced its plan to penetrate the Vietnamese market in 2015.
Bangkokpost reported that True Corp will set their footprint on the Vietnamese telecoms market in 2015 after the ASEAN Economic Community is officially established.
The Thai firm is seeking for investment license in the fields of infrastructure and digital TV services, with the aim of becoming a large telecoms service provider in Vietnam.
True Corp has just invested in Myanmar’s TV cable marker with an estimated investment capital of US$31,4 million.
Vietnam’s telecoms market is regarded as a fierce competition environment where several foreign businesses such as SK Telecom of the Republic of Korea and Vimpelcom of Russia had to quit the market despite their strong initial decisions.
True Corporation is a big communications group in Thailand with many subsidiaries operating in the three main areas of mobile, Internet and TV cable services. It is managing Thailand’s biggest TV cable company (True Vision), largest internet supplier (True Internet) and No.3 mobile provider, True Move.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Thai opposition MPs quit as 'final showdown' looms
» Thai PM offers election to end political crisis
» Vietnam outdoes US, among world’s best scorers in science
Latest Category Posts
- Ministry judges anti-dumping measures against steel imports
- Shares gain on liquidity growth
- Bank card information at risk
- Central city grapples with FDI challenges
- Gold loses its sheen as global prices drop off
- HCM City shines with Christmas glitter
- Ha Noi ensures enough supplies for Tet festival
- Retail sector eyes growth opportunities
- Big profits for Vietnam’s three biggest energy groups in Jan-Nov
- Per capita income in Vietnam reaches almost USD2,000
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnam’s inflation rate may exceed the 8% threshold in 2013
- ADB maintains 5.2% GDP forecast for Vietnam in 2013
- Big test for ageing economic system
- New WB report stresses on importance of trade facilitation
- TPP: If Japan cools, Vietnam would have opportunities
- PVN on course to hit annual targets
- ‘New approach' needed
- Entrepreneur forum helps lift VN-Canada trade
- Foreign ownership ratio in listed firms may rise to 60%
- Local economy stuck at bottleneck, say experts
- Inspectorate blasts EVN diversions
- GDP inching up strenuously
- Vietnam's economy regaining growth momentum
- Bright forecast for trade links between Viet Nam and Japan
- Experts skeptical about transfers of ailing SOEs
- PM urges greater efforts to rein in rising inflation
- City set for major economic restructuring
- Vietnam considers selling a bank to foreigners
- Financial experts urge solutions to rescue flailing VN economy
- VN’s economy relatively resilient, but core problems persists: Fitch