SBJ gold bars sold for VND36.7-37 million per tael at 8am November 9, a rise of VND1.06 million from the afternoon of the previous day. Half an hour later, the prices were pushed up to VND37.3 million per tael and then hit VND38.2 million at 10am.
Meanwhile, some silver and gold shops in Ho Chi Minh City purchased gold at VND36.3 million per tael but sold at VND37 million.
The prices of SJC gold bars also soared by VND1.05 million (sell) and VND950,000 (buy) to reach VND36.65-36.85 million per tael. At 9.30am, the prices stood at VND37.1-37.4 million per tael.
The domestic gold prices escalated even higher than the world gold prices. If converted at the exchange rate of US$1 to VND21,000, then the world gold is priced at about VND35.8 million.
Despite the high prices, local people are still rushing to buy gold.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Induction stoves popular as gas prices rise
» Programme aims to combat corruption
» Wushu artists excel with Games medal haul
Latest Category Posts
- “Four-no” milk powder imported at dirt cheap prices
- Foreign-made goods overwhelm local markets
- International brands landing in Vietnam post-haste
- Fiscal climate too gloomy for FDI
- Food producers find ray of hope in byproducts
- Processing industry remains a key engine for export
- M&A market touches US$5 bln
- Vietnamese garment firms can set only one foot in US market
- Low occupancy rates drive away hotel investment
- Fashion brands face danger on home market