Shares continued to slide due to a slower pace on both national stock exchanges this morning with nearly half of total codes losing value.
On the HCM City Stock Exchange, the benchmark VN-Index stood at 485.94 by the end of this morning's session, down just 0.03 per cent over yesterday.
Investors became cautious in trading, driving market value down 36.6 per cent over yesterday morning to over VND1.08 trillion (US$51.4 million) on a total volume of over 75.5 million shares.
Advancers outnumbered decliners by 154-84.
Blue chips were mixed. Of the 30 leading shares by market value and liquidity, 10 rallied, 12 sank and eight were unmoved. The VN30 Index rose 0.18 per cent to close at 555.74 points.
Mining firms were gainers this morning with shares of many mineral companies soaring to the daily limit rise of 5 per cent. They included Bac Giang Exploitable Mineral (BGM), Ha Nam Mineral (KSH), Nari Hamico Minerals (KSS) and Tay Bac Minerals Investment (KTB).
Yesterday, the HCM City Stock exchange approved Vietcombank (VCB) listing 1.78 million additional shares owned by the State from next Monday. However, these shares will not be traded on the market, thereby not affecting the demand and supply of VCB shares. VCB rose 3.4 per cent this morning to VND36,500 ($1.74).
Without supporting news, Viet Nam Ocean Shipping (VOS) surprisingly became the most active code with over 3.8 million shares exchanged, hitting the ceiling price of VND4,800.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index fell 0.66 per cent to close this morning at 82.68 points on a turnover of over VND522.4 billion ($25 million).
Losers overwhelmed gainers by 171-88.
VNDirect Securities (VND), with 2.2 million shares traded this morning, became the most active share on the northern bourse in place of Habubank (HBB), but closed down 0.7 per cent ,at VND13,300 ($0.63).
The afternoon session will resume at 1pm.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Trading values surge nationwide
» National sharemarkets bow to selling pressure
» Shares continue ‘Santa Claus rally'
Latest Category Posts
- Trading values surge nationwide
- Foreign investors increasing stock accumulation
- National sharemarkets bow to selling pressure
- Shares continue ‘Santa Claus rally'
- Foreign funds want to sell 13.4 million shares of Vinamilk
- Shares rise on positive liquidity
- Commission accepts first securities merger
- ETF to add more shares to portfolios
- Shares gain on liquidity growth
- Singaporean firm to buy stake in local food processor
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign investors buoy City market with inflow of cash
- Stocks fall as investors offload shares
- Cash flows boost stock market
- VN30 shares rise above domestic market growth
- Gas shares boost City market
- Bond indices to be launched in near future
- Stock market boost expected from TPP
- Local stocks end week on a high
- Foreign cash inflow lifts local markets
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- SBV debt pledge fails to rally shares
- Local bourses bounce back to black
- Shares rise after PM speech promotes economic prospects
- Shares slide on expected CPI rise
- Shares slide as trading tumbles
- First active open fund gets State backing
- Foreign investors flock to the stock market
- Shares falter as City slips past magic 500 mark
- Decline continues on both bourses
- First all foreign-owned securities firm approved