Share prices continued to go up this morning on the HCM City Stock Exchange but started to decline on the Ha Noi bourse.
The benchmark VN-Index in HCM City rose another 0.12 per cent to a close of 430 points, but trading was sluggish with just nearly 23 million shares, worth VND373 billion (US$17.8 million), changing hands.
Gains in large-cap shares again lifted the Index with the VN30 Index tracking the top 30 shares on the southern bourse rising 0.32 per cent to 515 points.
PetroVietnam (PVF) led the rise with a gain of 3 per cent while dairy giant Vinamilk (VNM) went up for the third day in a row, rising 2.7 per cent, and Eximbank (EIB) climbed 2 per cent.
PVF and real estate Kinh Bac City Development (KBC) were the two most active stocks on HCM City's bourse this morning with over 1.9 million shares traded on each code.
However, declines outnumbered gains by 129-50 overall.
On the Ha Noi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index declined 0.53 per cent to 69.95 points by the end of this morning, with declines once again outnumbering gains by 113-60.
Blue chips also slumped when the top 30 shares by market capitalisation and liquidity also sank 0.62 per cent to an average of 133.34 points.
Only 17 million shares, worth VND168 billion ($8 million), were exchanged this morning. Habubank (HBB) continued to be the most active code on trades of 3 million shares, rising 2 per cent to VND5,200 ($0.25) a share.
Trading will resume at 1pm. -
|< Prev||Next >|
» Bourses close with mixed fortunes
» Share growth suggests uptrend
» Shares continue mixed results
Latest Category Posts
- National sharemarkets bow to selling pressure
- Shares continue ‘Santa Claus rally'
- Foreign funds want to sell 13.4 million shares of Vinamilk
- Shares rise on positive liquidity
- Commission accepts first securities merger
- ETF to add more shares to portfolios
- Shares gain on liquidity growth
- Singaporean firm to buy stake in local food processor
- Shares put positive end to the week
- Shares finish session on a low
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign investors buoy City market with inflow of cash
- Stocks fall as investors offload shares
- VN-Index rebounds to four-week high
- Cash flows boost stock market
- VN30 shares rise above domestic market growth
- Gas shares boost City market
- Bond indices to be launched in near future
- Stock market boost expected from TPP
- Local stocks end week on a high
- Foreign cash inflow lifts local markets
- Stocks rebound on both bourses
- SBV debt pledge fails to rally shares
- Local bourses bounce back to black
- Shares rise after PM speech promotes economic prospects
- Shares slide on expected CPI rise
- Shares slide as trading tumbles
- First active open fund gets State backing
- Foreign investors flock to the stock market
- Shares falter as City slips past magic 500 mark
- Decline continues on both bourses