Dao Khi or the Monkey Island in Lan Ha Bay of Hai Phong city is a favorite destination on weekends or holidays. Visitors are eager to go there to have bath or have party with monkeys.
The Monkey Island.
The Monkey Island is one of a group of islands located in the Lan Ha Bay, which is only 45 minutes by boat from the Ha Long Bay of Quang Ninh province.
To go to the island, visitors can take 40-minute boat from Haiphong city to Cat Ba Island and an additional 30 minute on boat from Cat Ba to the Monkey Island.
This is the only island in the Lan Ha Bay which is the home to dozens of monkeys. The troop of monkeys lives under the control of a red-face ‘monkey lady.”
Tourists give monkeys funny names, based on their characters, such as “Old Man,” “Beauty,” “Beckham,” “Ronaldo,” “Split Lip,” etc. Monkeys are very friendly with tourists.
After having bath or walking through the island for sightseeing, visitors often take some food or fruit. That is also the show-time of monkeys, to ask for food and drink.
Monkeys are also ready to have baths and play with tourists.
The "red-face" lady monkey.
|< Prev||Next >|
» HCM City per capita income to top $4,500
» Country struggles to control cancer incidence
» Vietnam, Laos promote education cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
- Gorgeous scenery of Hai Van Pass
- Pu Mat holds romantic adventure
- In pictures: One day at Quy Nhon sea
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- The morning in Thien Cam
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar