Ninh Binh Province has many beautiful landscapes that can surprise tourists on their first visit, with the most famous sight Tam Coc (Tree Caves).
At Dinh Cac wharf.
The Tree Caves belong to the historic limestone mountains of Ninh Binh Province, which is known as Halong Bay on land, and are located in Hoa Lu Commune, about 100 kilometers from Hanoi.
The best way to enjoy the magnificent Tree Caves is hiring a small boat for four people at Dinh Cac wharf. For only five U.S. dollars, tourists will have a two-hour trip down the Ngo Dong River.
Twenty minutes from shore, the boat takes in the first cave formed by the flow of Ngo Dong River into a limestone mountain for hundreds of thousands of years. The river’s name is said to have come from the cultivation of corn on both sides of the river.
The third and most beautiful of the Tree Caves.
Further on, tourists will be faced with a second cave, lying between the standing mountains on the left named Ben Thanh and on the right is one shaped like a landing eagle. By the river is a large, flat stone that is said by local people to be the resting place for Tran Thai Tong, an ancient Vietnamese king.
The last cave is no doubt the most beautiful. The water running through limestone has formed many magnificent, living stones and local people have used their vivid imagination to link these stones with mythical characters.
Along the river is many layers of green mountains, they seem to have grown from the deep water and cast shadows on the surface from the dawn of time. Somehow, tourists will spot a single stone house under the mountain where a local family raises goats, plant rice and fish to feed their family. Isolation is a way of life here.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Tourists feel at home in Ninh Binh
» Eventful weekend in Ninh Binh
» Tam Coc – Ha Long Bay on land
Latest Category Posts
- Five churches for Christmas in Saigon
- Dong Sen Thap Muoi – new eco tourist site in Dong Thap
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
- Gorgeous scenery of Hai Van Pass
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- Famed market remains true to roots
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
- Visiting Cat Cat Village
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar