Tra Su Mountain is a must-see destination in An Giang Province and it was a day we won’t forget.
Nha Bang Township seen from the peak of Tra Su Mountain in An Giang Province
To reach there you have to head from Nha Bang Township on the road to Tinh Bien Township for about 150 meters, then make a right turn along a rocky sloping path to a pharmacy named ‘Sau Xung va Nam My’, tourists will spot Tra Su Mountain.
Located in Nha Bang Township, Tinh Bien District, Tra Su Mountain belongs to Thuy Dai Son Mountain Range. The mountain is not impressive due to its height but it is an attractive peak for tourists to admire the splendid scenery and to find tranquility for their soul.
The mountain is famous due to a small temple which is dedicated to worship two huge rocks. Locals say that the stones, which are about one ton and 300 kilograms, rolled to the Cua Thien Huyen Nu from the mountain peak on July 25 1991.
People call the stones ‘Chu vi Son Than’ (Goddess of mountain) and worship them as they pray for good luck and health.
Trekking up about 100 steps, tourists will see Ong Ho Cave which has two stone grottoes, one is Ngu Ho temple and one is Cuu Pham temple lying deep in the cave. After another 25 meters, pilgrims will see Ba Chua Temple where many locals often come to pray for a happy life.
Progressing towards the peak, tourists will see a fairy yard where they can stand and appreciate a panoramic view of Nha Bang Township with its greenness of rice fields, plantation, winding roads, streams and nearby houses. The fresh air, the spacious atmosphere and tranquility of nature will help tourists to rejuvenate after stressful working days.
There will be some other stone caves for tourists to discover and old altars for pilgrims to burn incense to connect with the supernatural world.
The giant rock which locals worship in Cuu Thien Huyen Nu Temple on Tra Su Mountain - Photos: Phuoc Hung
|< Prev||Next >|
» Mong village becomes latest tourist destination in Sa Pa
» Travel magazine suggests must-see destinations in VN
» Tourist site names top attractions
Latest Category Posts
- Wind Strait blows visitors away
- Five churches for Christmas in Saigon
- Dong Sen Thap Muoi – new eco tourist site in Dong Thap
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
- Visiting Cat Cat Village
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar