The village of artists, called Ham Long, is located near the windy Sai Gon River, 10km from the hub of Ho Chi Minh City. It has this name because most of the owners of houses in the village are artists.
A garden in the shade of trees overlooks the Sai Gon River.
Visiting the village, tourists have a chance to behold houses built in the traditional architectural style of the Vietnamese people, such as a Hue Ruong house, a house-on-stilts of the Muong ethnic people and ancient houses of the South. Each house is an artistic architectural complex that is designed beautifully by its owner.
The house owned by artist Nguyen Hoai Huong built in the style of a Hue garden house
The most striking feature of the village probably is the houses owned by painters Nguyen Hoai Huong and Ly Khac Nhu. The house of Nguyen Hoai Huong was built in the style of a Hue Ruong house that looks solemn and private while the house of Ly Khac Nhu looks rustic with a simple leave-covered roof.
The artists arrange many works of art and unique miniatures in their living spaces, such as paintings, statues, pottery products, a small lake and rock-works. Even the work place of the artists is an interesting destination for tourists.
Some artistic spaces in Ham Long Village.
The village boasts many beautiful architectural constructions. These include the house owned by painter Thanh Chau with oil paintings of a war theme, the house by painter Ho Huu Thu with abstract lacquer paintings and the one by artist Duong Dinh Hung which is famous for a garden of statues. Each has its own beauty, showing the style and characters of each artist.
Another interesting feature of this village is that all the houses are not separated from each other by high walls but by low fences with entrances. Therefore, these houses seem to be connected naturally like in rural areas that give a close and warm feeling.
Coming here, tourists not only enjoy unique artworks but also the beautiful scenery of the Sai Gon River at sunrise or sunset with a pure and cool atmosphere.
Foreign tourists visit the house owned by painter Ly Khac Nhu.
At Ky Long Vien, the house by painter Ly Khac Nhu, tourist services are available at the price of 10USD/person.
Address: No.35 Thich Mat The Road, Thanh My Loi Ward, District 2, Ho Chi Minh City
Tel: (84-8) 38893871 - (84) 0918031225
|< Prev||Next >|
» Police cameras detect 22 violators in new tunnel
» Polluted rivers need long-term fix
» Flood fears rise as river levels surge
Latest Category Posts
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
- Gorgeous scenery of Hai Van Pass
- Pu Mat holds romantic adventure
- In pictures: One day at Quy Nhon sea
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
- Visiting Cat Cat Village
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar