Vietnam’s rich coastal line is never-ending and is full of gorgeous landscapes - but there are not many places that have the unique natural beauty of Ban Than on Tam Hai Island off Quang Nam Province.
Ban Than is a stone surface stretching for around one kilometer from the east side of Tam Hai Island. It was created from different and impressive stone shapes that are as black as coal.
People said that the area was created from frozen volcano lava that has left huge cracks on some large stones.
Tam Hai Island is located next to Chu Lai Airport in Nui Thanh District of Quang Nam Province. From Danang Airport you travel on Highway No. 1 for about 60km to the south, before reaching Tam Anh Town. Then, tourists are advised to head to the beach and take a five-minute ferry ride to the island.
A ferry can carry three four-seater cars and the two-way cost for each traveler is a mere VND1,000. Once arriving on the island, you have to travel on a small cement road for 6-7 km which is located in between local people’s houses.
It’s not easy to find Ban Than but if you want to see spectacular landscapes that are barely touched by nature, then it is worth the trouble.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Taiwan asked to stop violating Truong Sa
Latest Category Posts
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
- Gorgeous scenery of Hai Van Pass
- Pu Mat holds romantic adventure
- In pictures: One day at Quy Nhon sea
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- Visiting Tram Chim National Park by boat
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- The morning in Thien Cam
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar