Thach Ky dieu tau (an old man fishing on a cliff) is a magnificence spot located to the south of Sa Ky seaport in An Vinh Hamlet, Tinh Ky Commune in Son Tinh District in the province.
The picturesque location used to be among the top 12 landscapes of Quang Ngai which was extolled by artists in the past but now is in the top two and is much loved by local people.
Next to the cliff there are two huge human footsteps created from various stones and an open-air stone cave. Whenever a wave flows into the cave, water will spray out from a hole beneath the cave that looks like a wine furnace. Legend has it that there was a giant man carrying stones to lock the seaport. Unfortunately, he dropped the last load of stones so it helped create two mountains and his footsteps were left behind.
Especially, tourists will find it interesting to see a black lava block consisting of many diversified stone shapes spreading to the sea. According to scientists, thanks to the identity of these stones they can surmise that there was a volcano dated from tens of thousands years ago at this location.
As it has cliffs and holes there are many seafood specialties, among them are some tasty fish such as hong, doi, ke and hanh and huynh de crab, sea eel, sea snake and sea urchin.
Coming to the site, tourists can admire the magnificent landscapes and watch daily activities of local people like children playing on waves and fishing coracles bubbling on the water surface.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
- Stone Church in Nha Trang
- Gorgeous scenery of Hai Van Pass
- Pu Mat holds romantic adventure
- In pictures: One day at Quy Nhon sea
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- French-inspired first villa at La Vallee de Dalat opens
- Relic tour of Thanh Hoa
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- The morning in Thien Cam
- My Khe - one of the six most attractive beaches on the planet
- Travel back to ancient capital
- Long Hai Town – blessed with beaches and Dinh Co Temple
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar