The magnificent palace of the Vuong family in Sa Phin, Dong Van commune, located around 125 kilometers from Ha Giang City, is one of the most popular tourist spots in Ha Giang province.
The palace belonged to Vuong Duc Chinh, who was named King of Meo people in Dong Van commune, and is nearly 100 years old. It was used as a fortress to defend Vuong and his subordinates as they drove out the French forces in 1940.
The regime of Vuong became prosperous thanks to his trading of opium from China and surrounding regions into Vietnam.
He was then persuaded by Ho Chi Minh, leader of Communist party in Vietnam to fight against the French and to protect the far north region of Vietnam.
The stone palace backs onto the mountainous borders with China while viewing Sa Phin market, where local minority people, mostly H’Mong, trade agricultural products.
Its architectural design is a mixture between ancient Chinese and Western architecture. In addition to the living space, the construction has a warehouse for food, gold and opium products.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Floating oasis on Vietnam's magical Ha Long Bay
- Wind Strait blows visitors away
- Five churches for Christmas in Saigon
- Dong Sen Thap Muoi – new eco tourist site in Dong Thap
- In pictures: Charming Son Tra Peninsula
- Sword Lake in fog
- Visiting Vietnam-Laos-China border T-junction
- Once in a lifetime experience - conquering Mount Fansipan
- Tra Su indigo forest, the green banquet in flooding season
- Beautiful lakes in Central Highlands
Popular Category Posts
- Phan Thiet - ideal destination for Russian tourists
- The invitation from the wild islet
- Exploring Danang in one day
- Dawn on the largest artificial lake in Vietnam
- Dinh Cau Night Market has much to offer
- Ha Giang’s wonderful beauty through the lens of travellers
- A four-hour tour of the Chay River and Toi Cave
- Travel back to ancient capital
- CNN: Vietnamese underground wonders
- Famed market remains true to roots
- Seven attractive destinations in Vietnam
- Dong Van Karst Plateau to become national tourist site
- Exploring Bang Lon Island
- Vinh Moc Tunnel – a tourist magnet
- Land of heroes, diligent rats, music and dance
- Visiting Cat Cat Village
- Cloudy Thung Khe
- Upholding value of Lam Kinh cultural – historical heritage
- Four basilicas in Vietnam
- The beauty of time in French architecture in Ba Vi
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar