The Vietnamese netizen community has turned stormy again with a new steamy photo series of Vietnamese university lecturer-turned-model Tien Doan.
Model Tien Doan in a Vietnam's traditional costume at the Mister International contest held in 2008 in Singapore where he was crowned winner , Photo: Tuoitre
Published in the Thailand’s Men’s Health magazine, the series shot by Thai Bangkok-based photographer Haruehun Airry exposing Doan in multiple erotic poses with minimum clothes on has spread like wild fire in many social media pages and drawn harsh criticism.
“Maybe the newest cool ‘thing’ now is not just showing off your boobs or butts but more,” a user in the popular webtretho site wrote, mentioning a recent trend of Vietnamese celebrities opting for the most revealing way of dressing and posing to attract attention.
Earlier this year, another of Doan’s photo series also taken for a men magazine in Thailand in which he used a curtain to cover his most sensitive part also provoked controversy across Vietnam’s online community.
Born in 1983, the Can Tho City model used to be a lecturer at Can Tho University before entering the modeling world and rising to fame as the winner of the male model contest Manhunt Vietnam in 2006.
2 years later, he was crowned Mister International 2008 in Singapore after defeating 33 contestants from other countries and also won the “Best body” title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Donations evoke era of liberation
» 6-year old Vietnamese artist wins big award
» R&B star shines at Sao Mai contest
Latest Category Posts
- Local veteran duo marks 34 years of music career
- Bronze Buddha
- Parade to set the scene for Mid-Autumn Festival
- Photo exhibit focuses on conflict
- Independence film heads to Toronto
- VCPMC settles copyright fee feud
- Water puppetry to charm in Tokyo
- First career reality TV show debuts
- Ice bucket challenge splashes down in Viet Nam
- Fireworks display to mark Hanoi’s 60th Liberation Day
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Poster exhibition on VN’s sea, island sovereignty opens
- Stories behind exhibits in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Hong Anh, Van Trang win best actress awards
- “Viet World Wide” makes a hit with Vietnamese overseas (Video)
- Vietnamese bamboo house introduced in Time magazine
- Ministry clampdown on "crude" lyrics
- Vietnamese architect wins British award
- Kids' shows kick off for summer
- Overseas Vietnamese singers more popular than local singers
- Authorities seek to control broadcast of 18+ sitcom on YouTube
- Authorities seek to control viral internet series
- Contemporary dance piece to premiere
- Parkour in vogue among youth
- CNN praises Da Nang’s Dragon Bridge
- Internet helps Vietnamese movies dodge censorship
- US professor launches website on legendary Vietnamese spy
- Japanese couple’s bridal photos capture rustic southern Vietnam landscape
- Bridge lighting wins int'l award
- Vietnam model shines in fashion show at New York’s tallest building (Video)
- Vietnamese photo and writing contest invites entries
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar