The Vietnamese netizen community has turned stormy again with a new steamy photo series of Vietnamese university lecturer-turned-model Tien Doan.
Model Tien Doan in a Vietnam's traditional costume at the Mister International contest held in 2008 in Singapore where he was crowned winner , Photo: Tuoitre
Published in the Thailand’s Men’s Health magazine, the series shot by Thai Bangkok-based photographer Haruehun Airry exposing Doan in multiple erotic poses with minimum clothes on has spread like wild fire in many social media pages and drawn harsh criticism.
“Maybe the newest cool ‘thing’ now is not just showing off your boobs or butts but more,” a user in the popular webtretho site wrote, mentioning a recent trend of Vietnamese celebrities opting for the most revealing way of dressing and posing to attract attention.
Earlier this year, another of Doan’s photo series also taken for a men magazine in Thailand in which he used a curtain to cover his most sensitive part also provoked controversy across Vietnam’s online community.
Born in 1983, the Can Tho City model used to be a lecturer at Can Tho University before entering the modeling world and rising to fame as the winner of the male model contest Manhunt Vietnam in 2006.
2 years later, he was crowned Mister International 2008 in Singapore after defeating 33 contestants from other countries and also won the “Best body” title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Algeria sets sights on second place at Vovinam contest
» Vietnam high school science contest encourages students to do scientific research
» Anh wins silver in no-gold contest
Latest Category Posts
- New musical film to be broadcast next month
- Music programme celebrates Reunification Day
- German cultural festival kicks off in Hanoi tomorrow
- Hanoi to host watercolour exhibition
- Cover of Harper Lee's second novel, 'Go Set a Watchman,' released
- Photos trace 20-year evolution of HCMC
- Twelve comedians chosen for Viet Nam reality TV show
- Children's choir to croon Vietnamese and Korean folksongs
- Phan Chau Trinh Awards honour 97-year-old maestro
- Smile! Temporary Art reveals a different world
Random Category Picks
- VN-themed landscape, architecture stamps released in France
- Pig-chopping ritual cannot be immediately removed: official
- Photos: Da Nang’s VND5 billion flower road shimmers at night
- Image: Quang Ngai displays 300 artifacts in newly-restored nha ruong house
- Young artist shares thoughts through paintings
- Resurgence in Dong Ho folk painting
Popular Category Posts
- Over 5,000 partake in traditional fest in southern Vietnam
- Celebrities receive ‘Men of the Year 2014' awards
- Huyen My appears on Chelsea FC fanpage
- Huyen My reveals plans for Tet
- Tokyo tourism targets Viet Nam
- Photos of birds in mating season on display in HCMC
- Struggling Vietnam football club hope to lure fans with half-Korean pop star
- Miss Vietnam 2012 offers Tet gifts to the elderly
- Ao Dai on show in Germany
- German, VN dancers stage hip-hop show
- Vietnam ministry fines national broadcaster for airing reality show that contained false details
- String quartet to help women enjoy life
- Vietnamese models on New York streets
- Hanoi mulls launching regular pyrotechnic shows near new bridge
- ‘Vietnam’s Got Talent’ semifinalist mistakenly swallows acid during magic stunt
- Top 5 Next Top Model contestants shine in Italy
- Visitors to use free wi-fi to promote city’s Tet festivals
- What is the status of Vietnamese contemporary art?
- Ethnic groups' spring festival commences
- Vietnamese researcher, designer strain for decades to accentuate ‘ao dai’ charms
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar