The Vietnamese netizen community has turned stormy again with a new steamy photo series of Vietnamese university lecturer-turned-model Tien Doan.
Model Tien Doan in a Vietnam's traditional costume at the Mister International contest held in 2008 in Singapore where he was crowned winner , Photo: Tuoitre
Published in the Thailand’s Men’s Health magazine, the series shot by Thai Bangkok-based photographer Haruehun Airry exposing Doan in multiple erotic poses with minimum clothes on has spread like wild fire in many social media pages and drawn harsh criticism.
“Maybe the newest cool ‘thing’ now is not just showing off your boobs or butts but more,” a user in the popular webtretho site wrote, mentioning a recent trend of Vietnamese celebrities opting for the most revealing way of dressing and posing to attract attention.
Earlier this year, another of Doan’s photo series also taken for a men magazine in Thailand in which he used a curtain to cover his most sensitive part also provoked controversy across Vietnam’s online community.
Born in 1983, the Can Tho City model used to be a lecturer at Can Tho University before entering the modeling world and rising to fame as the winner of the male model contest Manhunt Vietnam in 2006.
2 years later, he was crowned Mister International 2008 in Singapore after defeating 33 contestants from other countries and also won the “Best body” title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Winners of e-commerce website contest announced
» Viet Nam place third in ASEAN futsal contest
» Contest for commanders and commissars of brigades and regiments opens
Latest Category Posts
- Dragon dance festival to celebrate Ha Noi's liberation
- Footballers inspire comic book series
- Book compiles photos by ethnic minority children
- YouTube sensation wins Vietnamese version of ‘The Winner Is’
- VN documentaries to screen in US
- Exhibition of paper horses focuses on France-VN ties
- VN model takes career to new heights
- Vietnam artists to support half-Vietnamese survivor of ferry disaster in Korea show
- Workshop promotes musical game
- Prime Minister selects September 3 as annual Music Day
Popular Category Posts
- Overseas Vietnamese singers more popular than local singers
- Vietnam wins four Green Good Design Awards in USA
- US professor launches website on legendary Vietnamese spy
- Foreign models wear Vo Viet Chung’s designs in New York
- Vietnamese empathy moves Japan to tears
- Water puppetry to charm Tokyo's Vietnamese Festival crowd
- Authorities seek to control viral internet series
- Japanese journalist falls in love with Vietnam
- Tien Giang man creates soil maps
- Contemporary art by Japanese and Vietnamese artists on show at museum
- Japanese journalist opens photo exhibition on Hoang Sa
- Findings of old tombs in Ben Tre Province disclosed
- Big cash prize for Vietnam’s Got Talent 2014
- Patriotism campaign inspires many
- Charity run gathers young athletes
- Saigon: Taking photos to defend nation’s sovereignty
- Italy - Vietnam Fashion Council formed
- 6-year old Vietnamese artist wins big award
- Korean influence pervasive in Vietnam’s showbiz – Part 1: K-pop
- Holland’s author releases plane crash memoirs in Vietnamese
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar