The Vietnamese netizen community has turned stormy again with a new steamy photo series of Vietnamese university lecturer-turned-model Tien Doan.
Model Tien Doan in a Vietnam's traditional costume at the Mister International contest held in 2008 in Singapore where he was crowned winner , Photo: Tuoitre
Published in the Thailand’s Men’s Health magazine, the series shot by Thai Bangkok-based photographer Haruehun Airry exposing Doan in multiple erotic poses with minimum clothes on has spread like wild fire in many social media pages and drawn harsh criticism.
“Maybe the newest cool ‘thing’ now is not just showing off your boobs or butts but more,” a user in the popular webtretho site wrote, mentioning a recent trend of Vietnamese celebrities opting for the most revealing way of dressing and posing to attract attention.
Earlier this year, another of Doan’s photo series also taken for a men magazine in Thailand in which he used a curtain to cover his most sensitive part also provoked controversy across Vietnam’s online community.
Born in 1983, the Can Tho City model used to be a lecturer at Can Tho University before entering the modeling world and rising to fame as the winner of the male model contest Manhunt Vietnam in 2006.
2 years later, he was crowned Mister International 2008 in Singapore after defeating 33 contestants from other countries and also won the “Best body” title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» R&B star shines at Sao Mai contest
» Viet Nam topple Japan in int'l Robocon finals
» Short film contest focuses on barriers faced by disabled
Latest Category Posts
- Japanese masterpiece to be performed in Hanoi
- Ca tru brought back from brink
- HCM City plans National Day festivities
- Questions hang over fate of removed lion statues
- Peter Rabbit books translated into Vietnamese
- Mountain festival features foreign performers
- Swedish chef serves bun cha in style
- Positive Mass bike ride planned in capital
- Photo exhibition highlights Tri An Lake
- Vietnamese singers ignorant of music theory
Popular Category Posts
- Poster exhibition on VN’s sea, island sovereignty opens
- ‘One-bowl class' offers taste of culture
- Stories behind exhibits in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Vietnamese bamboo house introduced in Time magazine
- “Viet World Wide” makes a hit with Vietnamese overseas (Video)
- Hong Anh, Van Trang win best actress awards
- Ministry clampdown on "crude" lyrics
- Vietnamese architect wins British award
- Authorities seek to control broadcast of 18+ sitcom on YouTube
- Kids' shows kick off for summer
- Overseas Vietnamese singers more popular than local singers
- Authorities seek to control viral internet series
- Parkour in vogue among youth
- CNN praises Da Nang’s Dragon Bridge
- Internet helps Vietnamese movies dodge censorship
- Contemporary dance piece to premiere
- US professor launches website on legendary Vietnamese spy
- Bridge lighting wins int'l award
- Japanese couple’s bridal photos capture rustic southern Vietnam landscape
- Art program raises funds for disadvantaged children
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar