The Vietnamese netizen community has turned stormy again with a new steamy photo series of Vietnamese university lecturer-turned-model Tien Doan.
Model Tien Doan in a Vietnam's traditional costume at the Mister International contest held in 2008 in Singapore where he was crowned winner , Photo: Tuoitre
Published in the Thailand’s Men’s Health magazine, the series shot by Thai Bangkok-based photographer Haruehun Airry exposing Doan in multiple erotic poses with minimum clothes on has spread like wild fire in many social media pages and drawn harsh criticism.
“Maybe the newest cool ‘thing’ now is not just showing off your boobs or butts but more,” a user in the popular webtretho site wrote, mentioning a recent trend of Vietnamese celebrities opting for the most revealing way of dressing and posing to attract attention.
Earlier this year, another of Doan’s photo series also taken for a men magazine in Thailand in which he used a curtain to cover his most sensitive part also provoked controversy across Vietnam’s online community.
Born in 1983, the Can Tho City model used to be a lecturer at Can Tho University before entering the modeling world and rising to fame as the winner of the male model contest Manhunt Vietnam in 2006.
2 years later, he was crowned Mister International 2008 in Singapore after defeating 33 contestants from other countries and also won the “Best body” title.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese photographer gets ‘special mention’ in int’l photo contest
» Countdown to Miss Vietnam pageant underway
» Winners of photo contest on Swedish innovations announced
Latest Category Posts
- Passion of a street artist for his job
- Applied art show opens in Ha Noi
- Blast from the past as 1970s star makes rare appearance
- South Korea, Viet Nam organise food festival
- Winner awarded at photo competition ceremony
- Vietnamese photographer gets ‘special mention’ in int’l photo contest
- Second Persian Rug exhibition hits Vietnam
- Downtown Ha Noi to feature Italian fashion exhibit
- Locals debate on pop star’s copycat
- 11 Dong Son bronze drums: Vietnam treasures
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign models wear Vo Viet Chung’s designs in New York
- Vietnamese-origin designer shines at Paris Fashion Week
- Top Vietnamese designers ready for spotlight in Italy
- Italy - Vietnam Fashion Council formed
- Vietnam art lags behind other Asian countries at int’l auctions
- VN coffee shop among world's top 20 spectacular buildings
- Italian painter's art captures everyday life in VN
- Two models to be fined for illegally participating in overseas beauty pageants
- Vietnamese fashion debuts in Italy
- Chamber music growing more popular among locals
- Exhibition displays photos of everyday life in VN
- Paintings by overseas Vietnamese depict beautiful rural scenes, women
- Vietnamese Ao Dai to be shown in France
- Outdoor stages attract young people in Hanoi
- Enjoying acoustic music the old-fashioned way
- Climate change film to be screened in US
- Works express concern for social issues
- Dutch poet Dick Gebuys: “Vietnam is second home country”
- World Building of the Year: The Chapel/a21 Studio
- Book with ‘honest image' of Vietnamese history published
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar