A jar of ancient bronze coins has been unearthed in Quang Trach district of central Quang Binh province.
The jar, discovered by a local resident when he was digging a well for his house, contains 10.5kg of the antique coins, each with a diameter of 23 centimetres and a square hole in the centre.
The coins are believed to be from the Bei Song dynasty in China, dating back to the 10th to 13th centuries.
This discovery, along with other similar finds in Quang Trach district in the past, testifies the existence of trade ties between Vietnam and China centuries ago.
Quang Binh Museum is now in the process of preserving the coins, which will be on display to the public very shortly.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
» E-waste flows to Vietnam via China, turning into iPhone 3GS
» Customs did not check the shipment containing 230kg of heroin
» VN warned China controls both input and output of its rice production
Latest Category Posts
- Sports strengthen ASEAN community’s union
- World martial arts show to be held in Vietnam
- Travel warnings against Thailand softened
- US chef Robert Danhi to host "Taste of Vietnam"
- Hanoi ranks eighth among top destinations
- The cowboys of southern Vietnam
- Traditional costumes no longer popular with ethnic groups
- The unique streets in Saigon
- Ancient coracles provide link to the past
- Tam Nong bird sanctuary in pictures
Popular Category Posts
- Mid-Autumn Festival in the Old Quarter
- Son Dong fine arts village, home of artisans
- In pictures: Many Mekong Delta provinces submerged in floodwaters
- Farming competition at Mu Cang Chai terraced field
- The ethnic minority kids who play gongs
- Northwestern people and land in the eyes of French photographer
- Weekend antique market in Hanoi
- In pictures: Kate, the biggest festival of Cham people
- Hanoi in early autumn morning
- The early morning in Hanoi
- HCM City – Haven for vintage motorcycles
- In photos: Hoi An ancient town is underwater
- First road to be named after late General Giap
- Vietnam through the lens of foreign visitors
- Beautiful Ha Giang
- Bird watching tours in Vietnam
- There is a peaceful Hanoi
- Valuable photos of Vietnam from the late 19th century
- A day with Can Gio
- VN hosts spiritual tourism talks
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar