Artists inspired by the country's islands and territorial waters show their work at an exhibition entitled “Nation's Border, Sea and Islands”, which is open to visitors in Hanoi.
The exhibition showcases 160 paintings and sculptures made from various materials, the result of creation camps and field trips to various coastal regions and islands.
"Organizing an exhibition is a meaningful activity to encourage coast guards and residents living in border regions to contribute to protecting the nation's sovereignty," said Pham Kim Binh, chairwoman of the Hanoi Fine Arts Association.
"Through them, the artists expressed their patriotism and responsibility to the nation," she added.
Painter Thu Thuy, who worked on the Ceramic Road in Hanoi, presented a painting of the national flag she made from pottery on Truong Sa Lon Island in the Truong Sa (Spratly) Archipelago which was inaugurated in June.
She spent one year creating the flag at Bat Trang village, Hanoi. The process involved bringing 300,000 ceramic pieces to the island and combining them to create the 310sq.m flag.
Painter Nguyen Doan Son displayed a small sketch named Binh Minh o Truong Sa (Sunrise in the Spratlys).
"I made a field trip to 12 islands of the archipelago and had only two hours on each island, so I only had time to portray Truong Sa through sketches," Son said.
"On this trip, I discovered an emotional connection to Truong Sa and this exhibition is only the beginning of my work there," he said. "I will display bigger paintings of Truong Sa in the future."
The exhibition will run until August 28 at the Exhibition House, 45 Trang Tien Street , Hanoi.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Palestine film week to show award winning documentary
- Giant statue of King-Monk Tran Nhan Tong inaugurated
- Artist with Down Syndrome delivers an uplifting message
- Japanese cultural festival ready to launch
- World leading DJs set for capital performance
- Volunteers needed for illegal wildlife blitz
- FVH offers weekend Ha Noi tours
- Audio-visual exhibit opens at French Institute
- Street children's paintings go on display
- Condom fashion collection recorded
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Photo exhibit for love of country
- Students win awards for anti earthquake model building
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Soprano superstar comes back with a bang
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Street festival to stir up capital's youth
- Artists mourn communal houses
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Hue Festival pavilion draws huge crowds in Japan
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar