Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave, discovered and named by scientists of the British Cave Research Association in 2005, has the length of 31km, said a British scientist on May 23.
Dr. Howard Limbert of the British Cave Research Association said revelations of the cave’s extraordinary length sets new record for cave systems in the central province of Quang Binh.
Upon their initial discovery back in 2005, scientists believed the cave to be no longer than 5km. Yesterday they announced that the cave is in fact 31km in length.
British scientists lauded Thien Duong as "the largest and most beautiful cave in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang area". With naturally primitive features Thien Duong Cave looks like a landscape painting, making it very attractive to visitors. To go down the cave, visitors have to cling to a rope, which runs along the sides of a cliff.
According to spelunkers, the deeper one journeys into the cave, the more one feels the wells of heavenly clarity all around. There are a series of white crystal stalactites resembling glass pillars and many other spectacular formations.
The lower one goes, the view only becomes more colorful and multi-dimensional its space. Some of the cave’s rock formations of resemble familiar images of the daily life, such as a flower trellises and vegetable gardens. Scientists also discovered a section of stone fungus and some unknown diminutive creatures, rare inhabitants of such caves.
According to Dr. Howard Limbert, this may be the longest dry cave in Asia and its 31km length is a shock to scientists.
The cave hopes to become a future destination for tourists due to its beauty, reminiscent of an imperial palace.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Vietjet offers Hanoi - Quy Nhon tickets from only $30
- First Chinese visitors travel to Nha Trang by air
- Int’l arrivals to Vietnam increase in January
- Accor offers Super Sale across Asia Pacific
- Vietjet offers amazing Happy Weekend programme
- Tourism for 2015 off to a strong start
- Mekong Delta provinces cooperate in destination management
- Russian brothers share their 'amazing' 45 days in Vietnam in this uplifting video (Video)
- Russia-Phu Quoc air route suspended
- Mekong Delta Green Tourism Week 2015
Random Category Picks
- Ninh Binh opens National Tourism Year 2015
- Ho Chi Minh City to pilot tourist electric cars in April
- Hanoi to relocate Old Quarter residents
- Iconic tourist night to be organized twice monthly in Hoi An Ancient Town
- Biggest Mong festival set to begin
- Visitors flock to tourist sites during 2015’s first days
Popular Category Posts
- Jetstar Pacific opens HCM city – Bangkok route
- Khanh Hoa province targets 4 million tourists in 2015
- Tan Son Nhat blackout disrupts domestic flights
- Over 2.6 million visit ThuaThien-Hue in 11 months
- Ha Noi, Da Nang rank eighth among top tourist attractions
- Da Nang promotes tourism
- Vietnam welcomes 12 millionth int’l tourist to Complex of Hue Monuments
- First Hoi An-Korea Fine Arts and Crafts Exchange
- Coffee hotspot sees harvest season
- Local tourism targets Indian market
- Top 5 attractive floating markets in Vietnam
- Merry christmas and Happy new year at the luxury Sunrise Hoi An Beach Resort
- Vietnam Airlines changes flight schedule due to typhoon Hagupit
- Early snowfall in Sapa attracts visitors
- National Tourism Year 2014 lures 6 mil visitors into Central Highlands
- VietJet Air spreads wings over India
- Quang Binh's caves attract tourists on 2015's first day
- Tourism sector focuses on promoting national brand
- Quang Nam launches new attractive tour for foreign tourists
- 'Smart pillars' will offer vehicles scheduled access to Nguyen Hue promenade
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar