Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave, discovered and named by scientists of the British Cave Research Association in 2005, has the length of 31km, said a British scientist on May 23.
Dr. Howard Limbert of the British Cave Research Association said revelations of the cave’s extraordinary length sets new record for cave systems in the central province of Quang Binh.
Upon their initial discovery back in 2005, scientists believed the cave to be no longer than 5km. Yesterday they announced that the cave is in fact 31km in length.
British scientists lauded Thien Duong as "the largest and most beautiful cave in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang area". With naturally primitive features Thien Duong Cave looks like a landscape painting, making it very attractive to visitors. To go down the cave, visitors have to cling to a rope, which runs along the sides of a cliff.
According to spelunkers, the deeper one journeys into the cave, the more one feels the wells of heavenly clarity all around. There are a series of white crystal stalactites resembling glass pillars and many other spectacular formations.
The lower one goes, the view only becomes more colorful and multi-dimensional its space. Some of the cave’s rock formations of resemble familiar images of the daily life, such as a flower trellises and vegetable gardens. Scientists also discovered a section of stone fungus and some unknown diminutive creatures, rare inhabitants of such caves.
According to Dr. Howard Limbert, this may be the longest dry cave in Asia and its 31km length is a shock to scientists.
The cave hopes to become a future destination for tourists due to its beauty, reminiscent of an imperial palace.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Tourism firms enjoy bumper holiday week
- Hung Temple Festival 2015 opens
- Danang marine tourism season 2015 begins
- Hanoi’s old Buddhist pagodas get special national relic status
- Concerts to be held at Noi Bai Airport twice a week
- Tourism SMEs receive training to enhance competence
- Quang Binh’s exotic cave chosen for film Peter Pan
- Sapa prepares for long holiday rush
- Illegal tours hit authentic tourism services in Khanh Hoa
- Vietnamese tourism popularised in India
Popular Category Posts
- Good news for Hue tourism sector
- Cam Mount's new cable car becomes operational
- Eight million local tourists travel at Tet
- Mekong Delta Green Tourism Week to be held in Can Tho
- City's tourism day to promote Viet Nam's World Heritage sites
- Bookings for Tet tours up 10%
- Tens of thousands flock to Hoi An during Tet
- HCM City tourism fest highlights world heritage in Vietnam
- Hanoi to develop ‘no-smoking' tourist zones
- VITM Hanoi 2015 set for April
- Vietnamese tourism to Japan soars
- Over 75,000 tourists registered to visit Hue during Tet
- Int’l sea travelers on sharp rise around Lunar New Year in Vietnam
- Nha Trang attracts more developers
- Luxury cruise liner arrives at Nha Trang port
- Localities host large number of tourists during Tet
- TripAdvisor – Hanoi among top 10 world’s best destinations
- Thanh Hoa: New tours for National Tourism Year
- Central coastal provinces attract visitors during Tet holiday
- Vietnam Airlines unveils new uniforms for attendants, pilots
Explore Vietnam Latest
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar