Thien Duong (Paradise) Cave, discovered and named by scientists of the British Cave Research Association in 2005, has the length of 31km, said a British scientist on May 23.
Dr. Howard Limbert of the British Cave Research Association said revelations of the cave’s extraordinary length sets new record for cave systems in the central province of Quang Binh.
Upon their initial discovery back in 2005, scientists believed the cave to be no longer than 5km. Yesterday they announced that the cave is in fact 31km in length.
British scientists lauded Thien Duong as "the largest and most beautiful cave in the Phong Nha-Ke Bang area". With naturally primitive features Thien Duong Cave looks like a landscape painting, making it very attractive to visitors. To go down the cave, visitors have to cling to a rope, which runs along the sides of a cliff.
According to spelunkers, the deeper one journeys into the cave, the more one feels the wells of heavenly clarity all around. There are a series of white crystal stalactites resembling glass pillars and many other spectacular formations.
The lower one goes, the view only becomes more colorful and multi-dimensional its space. Some of the cave’s rock formations of resemble familiar images of the daily life, such as a flower trellises and vegetable gardens. Scientists also discovered a section of stone fungus and some unknown diminutive creatures, rare inhabitants of such caves.
According to Dr. Howard Limbert, this may be the longest dry cave in Asia and its 31km length is a shock to scientists.
The cave hopes to become a future destination for tourists due to its beauty, reminiscent of an imperial palace.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- New tour linking Vietnam, Thailand, Laos mulled
- Vietnam enjoys a boost in foreign arrivals
- Non Nuoc Carving Village recognised as national heritage
- Vietnam Airlines to increase flights on National Holiday
- National Day vacation – a chance for travel operators
- VietJet sees huge jump in number of passengers in first seven months of 2014
- Phu Quoc-RoK air route to open
- Fly anywhere with VietJet for only VND9,000
- Vietnamese arrivals to Japan up 50 pct as tour prices fall
- Saigontourist cooperates with JATA
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- World Cup Brazil overextends Vietnamese tourists' budgets
- TAT: Vietnam key market for Thailand
- Vietnam Airlines reroutes flights to Europe
- Int’l press delegation explores Vietnam’s tourism
- Three Vietnamese hotels boast best hotels in Asia
- Tourists get stuck on Co To Island
- Int’l visitors to Vietnam show drastic surge
- TripAdvisor names 95 attractions in Hanoi
- Green tourism festival kicks off in Da nang city
- Four and five-star hotels in Nha Trang cut prices
- VietJet Air joins Amadeus Global Distribution System
- Tourism industry to tap markets overseas
- Air routes from China to Danang suspended
- Travel agencies charge for children
- Can Tho-Danang new air route: opportunity for development
- Da Nang aims to attract 3.6 million tourists
- Central provinces boost tourism cooperation
- VN launches promotions to woo more foreign tourists
- Lam Dong, Khanh Hoa cooperate to lure Russian tourists
- Vietnam needs to promote itself as safe destination
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar