The tourism industry needs US$42.5 billion for its development in the next ten years.
This was announced by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism at a working session with Deputy Prime Minister Nguyen Thien Nhan on a development strategy for Vietnamese tourism by 2020 with a vision for 2030 in Hanoi on December 14.
The strategy underscores the importance of improving product quality, competitiveness and trademarks.
In the new period, tourist operators should fully tap Vietnam’s tourism potential, including a long stretched coastline and a string of islands and grottoes, said the Deputy Prime Minister.
He asked tourism leaders to clarify the goal of inbound tourism, the ratio of foreign-to-domestic tourists and the task of training qualified staff to meet with international standards and requirements.
The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism should complete its development strategy and submit it to the Prime Minister soon, he said.
Accordingly, Vietnam plans to receive 7-7.5 million foreign visitors and 35-37 domestic travelers and make up 5.5-6 percent of the country’s GDP in 2015.
There is high hope that tourism will become Vietnam’s spear-head industry by 2020.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Tourism to be promoted online
» Authentic travel
» Shortage of able personnel hinders tourism development
Latest Category Posts
- French culture to be celebrated during cultural week
- Hanoi is named in Top 10 Destinations on the Rise in the World
- VN travelers offered preferences to go abroad
- VietJetAir promotes new Vinh-Da Lat flights
- Dragonair increases Danang-Hong Kong flights
- Tourism to be promoted online
- Lam Dong urges quick road upgrade to draw tourists to Dalat
- Homestay provides lasting memory of scenic Vietnam
- Thanh Hoa to raise entrance fees to tourist attractions
- Tourism property: resort developers hit the jackpot
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Ha Noi and HCM City budget paradise for English youth
- HCM City welcomes 2.8m foreign arrivals this year
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Traveling by bus in Hanoi
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- Sea tourism attracts visitors
- Da Lat to launch Culture-Tourism Week
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- Language hinders Russian visitor attraction
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- Water puppet theatre sets Asian record
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar