Representatives from the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism and the Vietnam Women’s Museum have met in Hanoi to seek cooperative opportunities with travel agencies to attract international visitors to museums.
The director of the Vietnam Women’s Museum, Nguyen Thi Bich Van, said that the museum is implementing a project to associate museums with tourism activities.
In recent times, the Vietnam Women’s Museum has made great efforts to refurbish its infrastructure to attract more visitors. Display areas are regularly renewed, especially featuring the role of women in the family, Vietnamese women’s history and the fashion industry.
The fact is that most museums in Hanoi have not yet attracted foreign visitors when they stop over in the capital city. Only some attractive destinations include the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Ho Chi Minh Museum, Vietnam Military History Museum, and the National Museum of Vietnamese History.
Representatives from travel companies gave opinions to help the Vietnam Women’s Museum improve the display of objects to attract visitors. A representative from Vidotour suggested creating distinctive exhibits and providing information to tourism companies to include in their tours.
Others recommended renewing display techniques and encouraging visitors to take part in the product-making process.
They also asked the museum to work closely with travel agencies so that their tour guides can present in different foreign languages besides English.
The Museum and the Thang Long Ca Tru Guild are working out a plan to build a space for ca tru (ceremonial singing) to serve international visitors at the museum.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Russian reps to join FAM trips in Quang Nam
» Tourism pushed in $94-bln plan
» Belt-tightening tourists think twice on New Year packages
Latest Category Posts
- VN offers apology to overcharged foreign tourists, and what’s next?
- Thousands of visitors flock to Giong festival
- Dong Van Plateau to benefit from international tourist plan
- Nha Trang to host international sea tourism fair
- An Hoi incense burners
- HCM City hotels slash room rates
- Homestay tourism launched in My Son
- Foreigners lead cultural tour of Hanoi
- VN, Russia promote tourism cooperation
- HCM City to introduce seven river tours this month
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- HCM City’s tourism feels stronger pressure of competition
- Free tour information in Japanese in Hoi An City
- Tour fee reductions raise worries about tour quality
- Tourism enters sale season
- Central region feels uneasy about tourism industry in 2013
- Central province lacks Russian-speaking tourism workforce
- Hoi An: World’s favourite destination
- Saigontourist prepares new river tours
- Heritage sites set for development
- Interesting facts about Vietnam you may not know
- Vietnam cannot attract tourists because of low budget for tourism promotion?
- Mistakenly promoting Chinese landscapes, VNAT reviews responsibility
- Vietnam's two statues become Asian records
- Travel firms don’t cooperate to overcome difficulties, but try to sink others
- VN joins int’l tourism exhibition in Moscow
- Tourists complain about Hanoi’s sanitation
- Most int’l visitors want to return to Hanoi
- My Son tourism village opens
- HCM City to host int’l travel expo
- Kien Giang plans Cambodia sea route
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar