The command of the border guard force in northern Lao Cai province has made public a representative office in charge of handling issues arising in the border section shared with China.
Part of Lao Cai Province, which borders China to the north, Photo: laocai.gov.vn
The establishment of the representative office ushered in a new chapter in the management of the shared borderline crossing Lao Cai province in particular and the entire Vietnam-China land border in general.
Lao Cai section is named the third among the eight sections of the borderline that Vietnam shares with China . The land borderline passes through Vietnam ’s northern provinces of Dien Bien, Lai Chau, Lao Cai, Ha Giang, Cao Bang, Lang Son and Quang Ninh.
This shows Vietnam and China have for the first time agreed on a border representative mechanism to handle the maintenance and protection of border management regulations and timely solve related issues.
The unified border representative mechanism is expected to contributing to enhancing external relations between the two countries’ border guard forces, as well as exchanges between border people while maintaining political stability and facilitating social-economic development in Lao Cai province.
Ha Thi Nga, Vice Chairperson of Lao Cai province’s People Committee, said building, managing and defending the national border are extremely important and the border representative office for section No. 3 plays a key role in assisting Lao Cao province in handling border issues in compliance with the Vietnam-China land border management agreement.
The agreement on Vietnam-China land border management regulations signed on November 18, 2009 and became effective on July 14, 2010 worked out border representative office mechanisms relevant for border sections.
Accordingly, to manage border sections sharing with China, border representatives were appointed according to a document issued by the Prime Minister on August 24, 2010.
|< Prev||Next >|
» VN technology firms cash in chips
» Quang Ninh to open tour offices
» Quang Ninh promotes tourism in Japan, RoK
Latest Category Posts
- Party leader meets voters in Hanoi’s Tay Ho district
- Vietnam slams terrorist attack in Yemen
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
- Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
- ASEAN Community looks to coming years
- Deputy PM visits Canada to seek stronger co-operation
- Vietnam, Belarus legislatures talk to forge ties
- Romania places importance on Vietnam
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Party leader greets Japan's Communist delegation
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- Lawmakers agree to issue law on public investment
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- Party chief backs support for VN writers and artists
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar