After many years living abroad, Thuy Van and Tuan Hung, famous dancers of the community of overseas Vietnamese, will organize their first show in Vietnam at Tieng Xua night club, HCM City.
The couple has lived overseas for over 20 years. They sometimes returned home but they have never performed on any stage in Vietnam. They name their first show in Vietnam after their own names Thuy Van-Tuan Hung as an official introduction of themselves to local audience.
The couple will both sing and dance in the show, with guest singers like Khac Trieu, Cam Van, Quach Tuan Du, Nhat Nguyet group and the show host Thanh Bach.
The show will take place for only one night, on April 27.
Thuy Van says that they planed to organize a bigger show in the near future.
Thuy Van practiced ballet and violin at the age of seven. When she was 11, she won a gold medal in a dancing competition in Saigon, with the tango. Van and her father, famous dander Ta Riem, taught dancing at the Saigon cultural house.
The dancer left Vietnam to the US when she was 18. She has won many prizes at dancing contests in the US and other countries. She joined several music centers of overseas Vietnamese as a choreographer, fashion designer and performer. She and her husband – Tuan Hung – are dancing instructors and judges of many dance sports competitions.
Tuan Hung left Vietnam to France at the age of six. He obtained a technical and vocal music bachelor degree in France.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- The highest Christmas tree in Vietnam
- Thang Long citadel needs excavations
- Hue Festival to feature music of the royal court
- In pictures: Ancient tomb excavated in Hanoi
- Photos reveal Hanoi a century ago
- Artist paintings take centre stage in Hue
- Sculpture artists eye global trends for exhibition
- Hard to beat: UK band Rubylux.
- THBC hosts babies and blasphemy nights
- Sharpen your skills with Christmas cooking class
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Tre Publishing House joins international book forum
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Festival changes tune of HCM City music scene
- Vietnam's cinema – national, humane, creative and integrating
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar