The organisers of ‘National Tourism Year 2012’ and authorities of Thua Thien-Hue province have announced that a number of cultural activities will take place during the months of June, July and August.
All the cultural activities aim to promote tourism in the country and lure domestic and international tourists.
- 13th ASEAN International Open Chess Tournament will take place in the central province of Thua Thien-Hue from June 10 to 19. Participants will be divided into different age groups ranging from 8 to 20, and over 50, to compete for 78 sets of medals in accordance with the Swiss system.
- ‘Central Coastal Food Festival 2012’ will be organised by the Vietnam National Administration of Tourism, Vietnam Hotel Association, and departments of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Thua Thien-Hue Province and the northern coastal provinces at Hue Sports Centre from June 28-July 1.
- Lang Co Festival- World's Most Beautiful Bay will open on June 16-17 in Phu Loc District. Lang Co was declared the ‘World's Most Beautiful Bay’ in 2009, becoming Vietnam’s third bay to be so named after Ha Long Bay and Nha Trang Bay. Lang Co beach, 30 kilometres north of Hue City, is a peaceful fishing village famous for its spectacular natural landscapes, surrounded by mountains and the boundless blue sea with waves playing on its fine sand beaches. Between the mountains and the sea lies the mysterious Lap An lagoon, home to flocks of white storks that return to their nests every evening.
- 39th National Long-Course Swimming Competition will be organised at the Tu Tuong Park from June 18-30.
- 300 artists from 19 art troupes will participate in the National Drama Stage Festival at Hue City Cultural Centre from July 14-28.
- U17 National Football Champion 2012 will kick off in Tu Do Stadium from July 11-20. Matches will be broadcast live by Vietnam Television.
- U18 Tennis Championships will take place in An Cuu New Urban from June 18-26.
- Traditional Martial Arts Competition will be held at Hue Sports Centre from August 23-September 1.
|< Prev||Next >|
» French fests to dazzle city dwellers
» French fests to dazzle city dwellers
» Green heritage praised
Latest Category Posts
- Five-element mountains amaze visitors
- Ancient coracles provide link to the past
- Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
- Vietnam Tourism Awards 2012 winners announced
- Da Lat works to prevent scamming during 2013 Flower Festival
- Travel companies prepare for nine-day Tet holiday
- Lam Dong Province to set up tourism hotline
- Da Nang to develop inland waterways to attract tourists
- Tribal Disneyland prepares to show-off nation of 54 cultures
- Hoi An ancient town opens ‘Rest point for tourists’
Random Category Picks
- Non Nuoc carvers’ village leaves no stone unturned
- Phu Yen kicks off special art show
- VN-ASEAN UNESCO festival postponed, remaining events to continue
- Market cultural space on Dong Van Plateau needs preservation
- Hue strives to break through 3 million tourist barrier
- Cruises bring tourists to central coastal destinations
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Ha Noi and HCM City budget paradise for English youth
- HCM City welcomes 2.8m foreign arrivals this year
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Language hinders Russian visitor attraction
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Water puppet theatre sets Asian record
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
- Vietnam ill-prepared for shared tourism labor market
- Hue on track to meet annual tourism target
- Hanoi opens more information kiosks to serve foreign tourists
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar