A lot of domestic tours under the tourism promotion program have been described as the “trap” for travelers. Clients think they can save money with the low cost tours, but in fact, they are overcharged.
A lot of domestic tours have been launched into the market in a national tourism promotion program, under which the attractive tour fee discounts of 50-60 percent have been offered. However, in many cases, travelers later realize that they have to pay too much money for bad services.
Unreasonable departure time eats into travel schedule
In principle, travel firms always try to design the travel schedules in the most reasonable way, so as to ensure that travelers can take full advantage of their time on traveling, while keeping them in the best health conditions.
However, the principle has been ignored by many travel firms which deliberately “forget” to inform the schedules of the trips, including the departure and the return time. A traveler said that when she called a big travel firm in HCM City to ask about the departure time, the officers of the firms refused to give answers, telling her to book tours first and she would be informed about the schedule on the day before the departure day.
Hanoi Redtours is one of the rare travel firms which have made public the travel schedules of its 10 tours under the tourism promotion program on its official website.
Those, who book the 4-day-and-3-night Tam Ky – Hoi An – Da Nang tour, would fly with Vietnam Airlines, and they would have to get into buses to go to the airport at 9 am of the last day of the trip. Meanwhile, the travelers booking the 4-day-and-3-night Quy Nhon tour would arrive in Noi Bai airport in Hanoi at 11 am of Wednesday, which means that they would waste half a day on transport.
The reason behind the unreasonable schedule is the dependence on the air carriers which offer low airfares. As for the Quy Nhon – Hanoi air route, Vietnam Airlines remains the only one airline that develops the route with one only flight a day.
In HCM City, Festival, a travel firm, announced the 20-25 percent tour fee discounts for the promotional tours. However, the travelers, who book three tours to the central region which would depart in August and September, would land in the Da Nang airport in the central region at 11.10 pm. As such, travelers would waste money to pay for hotel room for the first night, just because they want to start out early the next morning.
Meanwhile, those, who book the Da Lat tour (four days and 3 nights) with the departure time in August 22, in fact, would have three days and 3 nights to tour because of the unreasonable departure schedules.
Departing at the dawn, returning at mid-night
On its official website, Festival announced the tour fee discount of 40-60 percent for summer domestic tours. On June 22, the travel firm would kick off the tour from HCM City to Phu Quoc Island which offers the discount of 1-1.2 million dong.
However, in order to enjoy the discounts, travelers would have to see the travel duration shortened. On the last day of the tour, travelers would have enough time for sea bathing once and going to the market. After that, they have to get into airplanes to return home.
The clients of Hanoi Redtours have announced that its buses would pick up travelers at 3.40 am to the Noi Bai airport, from which travelers would fly to Can Tho. Saigontourist Hanoi, which offers the 34 percent tour fee discounts, and Vietran Tours, which offers the tours to Mekong Delta, using the air tickets with the 40 percent discounts, have also forced travelers to take off at 5.50 am.
|< Prev||Next >|
» New Fahasa Bookstore opens in Phan Thiet City
» Ministry lays out new tuition fee policies
» HCMC strives to reduce number of poor households
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam Tourism Awards 2012 winners announced
- Da Lat works to prevent scamming during 2013 Flower Festival
- Travel companies prepare for nine-day Tet holiday
- Lam Dong Province to set up tourism hotline
- Da Nang to develop inland waterways to attract tourists
- Tribal Disneyland prepares to show-off nation of 54 cultures
- Hoi An ancient town opens ‘Rest point for tourists’
- French culture to be celebrated during cultural week
- Hanoi is named in Top 10 Destinations on the Rise in the World
- VN travelers offered preferences to go abroad
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Ha Noi and HCM City budget paradise for English youth
- HCM City welcomes 2.8m foreign arrivals this year
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- Language hinders Russian visitor attraction
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Water puppet theatre sets Asian record
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
- Ancient Hue astronomy station rebuilt
- Vietnam ill-prepared for shared tourism labor market
- Hanoi opens more information kiosks to serve foreign tourists
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar