Cost-saving and fun, finding travel companions online is a common choice of many young backpackers as the summer holiday has arrived.
The trips are at budget and travelers can learn from each other, Photo: Tuoi Tre
“This summer, I will complete my collection of ‘four poles of the country’,” said Ngo Huy Hoa, employed in the construction sector in Hanoi.
He will go to the most southern and eastern parts of Vietnam.
Since the end of May, many young backpack travelers have started seeking companions on forums like phuot.vn, ttvnol.com, and dulichbui.org. This year, the hot spots range from the Mekong Delta to Ha Giang’s rocky highlands to A Pa Chai, the westernmost point of the country.
As for beach destinations, besides paradise islands like Con Dao, Phu Quoc or the new natural wonder Ha Long Bay, some not so popular spots like Tuy Hoa in Phu Yen province, Quy Nhon in Binh Dinh province and Ca Na in Ninh Thuan province are also being eyed by youngsters.
Hoa has already bought a budget ticket from Hanoi to Ho Chi Minh City for less than VND3 million (US$150) and found 12 travel companions a week after he had posted on the website phuot.vn.
The plan is to ride bikes and discover floating markets in the Mekong Delta, U Minh Ha forest, Tram Chim National Park, and finally arrive in Ca Mau, the southernmost province of the country.
Ta Anh Tuan, who works in a media company in Ho Chi Minh City’s District 3, also plans to go on a long holiday this summer. He will discover central Vietnam through destinations like Ca Na, Quy Nhon and Hoi An’s old town.
“I have often sought for companions from travel forums in previous years and will do the same for the upcoming vacation,” he said.
Nguyen Tung Lam, an admin of travel forum dulichbui.org, finds that an increasing number of youngsters seeking for companions from online sites and travel together offline.
“There are several advantages as the trips are at budget and travelers can learn from each other. However, it is advisable to choose travel mates carefully through meetings to see if they are of similar characteristics and interests, in order to avoid unwanted fights during the trip,” he said.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Nearly 12,000 children get support for heart surgery
» Free milk donated to children in need
» Lao Cai’s buffalo herd granted national brand status
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam emerges as major tourism market for countries
- Eight roads in Saigon to shine before Christmas
- Five-element mountains amaze visitors
- Ancient coracles provide link to the past
- Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
- Vietnam Tourism Awards 2012 winners announced
- Da Lat works to prevent scamming during 2013 Flower Festival
- Travel companies prepare for nine-day Tet holiday
- Lam Dong Province to set up tourism hotline
- Da Nang to develop inland waterways to attract tourists
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
- Vietnam ill-prepared for shared tourism labor market
- Hue on track to meet annual tourism target
- Hanoi opens more information kiosks to serve foreign tourists
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang nominated for World Heritage the second time
- Hanoi: Cyclos to be replaced by tramcars
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
- Central region’s tourism services resume after storm
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar