Cambodia saw a large increase in the number of Vietnamese tourists visiting the country in the first five months of this year, to about 305,000.
According to statistics released by Cambodia’s Ministry of Tourism on June 25, almost 1.5 million overseas holiday-makers arrived in the country during this period, a year on year increase of 26.3 percent.
Of this number, 1.1 million tourists were from Asian Pacific nations.
Tourism is one of Cambodia ’s key economic sectors and makes a substantial contribution to the country’s GDP, which has helped to ensure a stable economic growth in the country over recent years.
Last year, almost 3 million overseas tourists travelled to Cambodia , including 600,000 from Vietnam .
The Angkor Wat temple complex in Siem Reap province, the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh and the beaches in Kongpong Som province are now popular destinations in Cambodia, attracting large numbers of tourists.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Cambodia, Vietnam boost education cooperation
» Cambodian sentenced to 13 years in Vietnamese prison
» Viet Nam, Laos, Cambodia strengthen Front work
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam emerges as major tourism market for countries
- Eight roads in Saigon to shine before Christmas
- Five-element mountains amaze visitors
- Ancient coracles provide link to the past
- Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
- Vietnam Tourism Awards 2012 winners announced
- Da Lat works to prevent scamming during 2013 Flower Festival
- Travel companies prepare for nine-day Tet holiday
- Lam Dong Province to set up tourism hotline
- Da Nang to develop inland waterways to attract tourists
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- Language hinders Russian visitor attraction
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Water puppet theatre sets Asian record
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
- Vietnam ill-prepared for shared tourism labor market
- Hue on track to meet annual tourism target
- Hanoi opens more information kiosks to serve foreign tourists
- Phong Nha - Ke Bang nominated for World Heritage the second time
- Traditional craft villages festival in Oct
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar