An exhibition of photographs entitled “A Glimpse of Laos” opened at the Exhibition Centre for Fine Art and Photography in Hanoi on August 11.
The 99 photos on display were taken by journalist Tran Duy Ngoan, who is an executive board member of the Vietnam Journalists Association and director of the Nghe An Radio and Television station (NTV).
They vividly illustrate the close and genuine images of Laos, a country which is regarded as the land of a million elephants.
Ngoan has had a strong attachment to Laos for dozen of years. He spent two years with Vietnam Television’s ethnic language channel VTV5 producing a 50-episode documentary about Laos, which was broadcast on VTV and NTV channels.
Deputy Prime Minister of Laos Somsavat Lengsavad said that through Tran Duy Ngoan's pictures, people can learn about all aspects of the daily life, culture, landscape and people in Laos.
The exhibition, which will last through August 16, is one of the events taking place to celebrate the 50th anniversary of diplomatic ties between Vietnam and Laos and the 35th anniversary of the Vietnam-Laos Friendship Cooperation Treaty.
Source: VOV News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Hanoi students bag medals at int’l science Olympiad
» Public school shortage in urban areas: pressing concerns
» Liquor firm’s director held after 6 poisoning deaths
Latest Category Posts
- Photos reveal Hanoi a century ago
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- Artist paintings take centre stage in Hue
- Sculpture artists eye global trends for exhibition
- Lost in transportation: A guide to catching buses in Viet Nam
- Hard to beat: UK band Rubylux.
- THBC hosts babies and blasphemy nights
- Sharpen your skills with Christmas cooking class
- Baroque music for Christmas
- Grammy winner to perform in City bar
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- Tre Publishing House joins international book forum
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
Destination & Places
Cuisine & Delicius
History & Culture
Arts & Tradition
More to Explore
Vietnam Travel Calendar