Buggati Veyron, the fastest super luxury car in the world, was seen running in Ho Chi Minh City on February 2.
The 2008 red and white car was added to the list of super luxury cars that have already imported into Vietnam such as Lamborghini LP670-4, Lamborghini LP640, Mercedes SLR, McLaren, Ferrari 458, Ferrari California and Bentley SuperSports.
Buggatti Veyron has shot to fame at a lightning maximum speed of 407km/h. A new brand new in the US costs US$1.7 million.
The car features an 8.0 litre, quad-turbocharged, W16 cylinder engine, equivalent to two narrow-angle V8 engines. Each cylinder has four valves for a total of sixty four, but the narrow staggered V8 configuration allows two overhead camshafts to drive two banks of cylinders so only four camshafts are needed.
The annual maintainance cost for the car is US$21,000, equal to a price of an used BMW M3 and eight times higher than the maintainance cost for a Ferrari Enzo.
In addition, a car owner has to pay US$33,000 to replace the tires after each 4,000km and US$55,000 for new rims after every 16,000km.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Toyota Vietnam recalling 126 sedans over valve spring defect
- Toyota recalls 885,000 vehicles to fix water leak risk
- Super-cars in Vietnam
- Mitsubishi recalls faulty vehicles
- First tests of '130mph' lawnmower
- Driverless cars to be tested on UK roads by end of 2013
- Royal Mail share flotation details set to be announced
- Smartphone becomes in-car head-up display
- General Motors, Chrysler, and Ford report strong sales
- Rolls-Royce announces first VN dealership