The Ministry of Information and Communication has asked internet service providers to block access to on-line games each day from 10pm to 8am by March 3.
The request, made on Wednesday, is another move from the authority to mitigate the side effects of online games.
"Provincial departments of information and communication will inspect on-line games activities nationwide and deal with organisations that violate regulations by cancelling their services," said the ministry's Deputy Minister Le Nam Thang.
Internet management should be improved in a way that both meets the demand for information and ensures internet security while not affecting the lifestyle and customs of young people, said Thang.
The request follows numerous stiff measures by the ministry to tackle the issue, including cutting internet access to agents at night beginning last September.
Some on-line game service providers like VTC Intercom and Asiasoft said that the (internet access block) measure reduced entertainment access to adults who have paid a lot for internet access.
They also said it created difficulties for the maintenance of on-line games.
In addition to the temporary measure for on-line gaming and internet agency management, the ministry plans to revise the decree this year in order to make improvements in the near future.
Viet Nam currently has around 23 million internet users, accounting for 26 per cent of the total population, according to the ministry.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Indonesia ready to take over 2019 Asian Games from Vietnam: minister
» Lawyers demand Vietnam shipping firm graft re-probed as affidavit surfaces
» Debris found on Australian beach not from MH370: official
Latest Category Posts
- Mobile network operators try to develop OTT apps of their own
- VN, Russia intensify partnership in technology, environment
- Faster Wi-Fi on flights leads to battle in the sky
- 'Heartbleed' fix may slow Web performance
- Lax management allows for illegal online games
- Which security technologies are Vietnamese banks using?
- NSA said to exploit Heartbleed bug for intelligence for years
- Online transaction accounts exposed to danger
- Little Internet users can do to thwart 'Heartbleed' bug
- 'Heartbleed' bug in web technology seen as major threat to user data
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Viet Nam-made Flappy Bird races to become No. 1 app
- Flappy Bird gives VN courage to conquer mobile game market
- BKAV: 40% of Vietnamese websites have security holes
- Counterfeit Flappy Birds turn up, but cannot dim real Flappy Bird
- Vietnam websites vulnerable to attack: BKAV
- Flappy Bird success story encourages domestic developers
- Most-downloaded Flappy Bird game to be removed
- Software exports: unlimited opportunities
- New decree gives a tool to fine Facebook?
- IT firms easily successful in foreign markets, not home
- Flappy Bird Creator appears in Rolling Stone magazine
- E-commerce scams plague Internet-driven Vietnam
- Windows 8.1 tablets penetrating Vietnamese market
- Foreign investors eye Vietnamese commerce websites
- Telcos ask for IPv6 standards in VN
- Vietnam fails to develop open source software for state agencies
- Northern island district offers free wireless network across communes
- Vietnam’s software exports move towards SMAC
- Domain name king hawks domain names around
- FB has no word on rule