|1. Tienphong JSC.|
City: Ha Noi
|2. NhaTrang Garment JSC.|
Category: Clothing and Accessories
City: Nha Trang
|3. VabioTech JSC.|
Category: Health and Safety
City: Ha Noi
|4. Hong Ngoc General...|
Category: Doctors and Clinics
City: Ha Noi
|5. Caseamex JSC.|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Can Tho
|6. DANA-Y Steel JSC.|
Category: Industrial Supplies
The lack of specific products for different specific clients and the lack of long term market development plans are the biggest weak points of Vietnamese software companies.
Several years ago, a company which specialized in developing software products for the healthcare sector was put on sale. At that time, the offer did not catch the attention of many investors. Meanwhile, an enterprise had sent words that it would buy the company if it has the opportunity.
One of the two enterprises has the staff, who were once physicians and doctors. Therefore, it has gained certain achievements with the marketed products, thanks to the deep knowledge about healthcare. Meanwhile, the other is a leading technology company which has big advantages in techniques, but does not have deep knowledge about healthcare. They have realized that they can only develop well if they can settle their problems.
Many software companies born, but few can survive
A lot of software companies came out in the society prior to 2000, but only a few have existed. The survivors are mostly the ones which design accountancy software products and provide the products to state management agencies.
The big problem now is that businesses can be born, but cannot grow up, and many good products cannot be brought up, because companies cannot survive the severe living conditions.
The products, which were made in Vietnam, but they are simply the re-production of foreign solutions, have been eliminated. Many other products have been welcomed by the market, but the owners have to struggle hard to compete with foreign solutions which have been distributed in a diversified way and produced by the experts with deep knowledge in many fields.
The success of enterprises not only depends on whether they have good products, but also on many other factors, including the capability of market analyzing, production marketing, and on the budget on building apparatus and developing products. A lot of software companies had to leave the market, because the software trade could not bring them the sufficient income.
According to Pham Anh Chien, General Director of FPT Software, the bad copyright protection is now a big headache to enterprises these days. There is no effective tool to effectively protect software products in the current conditions of the legal framework. This explains why enterprises do not want to spend money on making investments.
Thorough care needed to develop the market
According to Chien, software companies can succeed only when they can satisfy the specific demand from enterprises, or localities and agencies, where foreign software products cannot reach out.
The fierce competition in the fields of finance and banking, steel, real estate has forced the investors to spend money on information technology solutions. Therefore, the demand for the software products has been increasing from the fields. However, the fields are the “land” of foreign solutions.
According to Tran Luong Son, General Director of VietSoftware, state budget-funded information technology (IT), projects worth tens of billions of dong are the big opportunities for domestic companies. However, he said that companies have to face big risks when implementing the projects, and that they cannot see the stability to ensure business prospects.
For a long time, IT projects have been managed like normal products and they have to go through complicated investment procedures, while these should be seen as creative and special products.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Over 32,000 local Vietnamese working abroad
» Agency warns against maleic-tainted Taiwanese products
» Nissan-Honda battle benefit Vietnamese
Latest Category Posts
- BKAV offers early warning system against cyber attack
- 58% of Vietnamese use Internet: Nielsen
- 12 businesses found using unlicensed software, causing VND7 billion loss
- Yahoo files patent for social influence-based advertising
- Google warns of password-stealing campaign in Iran
- Facebook adds Twitter-style hashtags for topics
- Apple adding 'kill switch' to iPhones
- New Xbox to hit shelves in November in 21 countries
- Viruses inflict VND8tril damage on computer users
- Smartphone life shakes up website world
Popular Category Posts
- Youngsters color their Facebook in red by the Vietnam flag
- MIC vows never to let big fish block small fish
- Vietnamese searching website nurtures the dream of outrunning Google
- Open source software quality floated
- IT implementation made no significant progress last year
- IT industry slowed by lack of skills
- Digital content firms join forces to stimulate IPv6 users
- Skype now available for Outlook.com for users in the UK
- Computer market may not recover until Q3
- Wordpress website targeted by hackers
- Vietnam’s 3G service fee 40 times cheaper than in Europe
- Cern re-creating first web page to revere early ideals
- Vietnamese try to avoid head-on confrontation with Google
- Free internet access for ethnic groups
- 'Anonymous Arab' cyberattacks hit Israel
- Vietnam applies new Internet protocol
- Google Fiber to offer fast net access in Austin, Texas
- Online sellers & buyers swindle each other
- YouTube launches pay-to-watch subscription channels
- Cyberattacks can't break the Internet