iPads tablet PC, which are small, neat, and slight, controlled by touch screens have caught the most special attention of people. In order to compete with iPads, desktops and laptops have been upgraded to turn into the effective office and entertainment tools.
The new computers tend to have small size, neat shape, electrically economical, and they can use the strong points in graphics processing or integrate more functions to the screens.
Getting transformed and more functions
The world is now witnessing a technology race of new computer models against tablet PCs. Quoc Khanh, Business Director of Dat Khang Company has introduced the desktop computer model which is small with the size just equal to a notebook, developed by Taiwanese Zotac.
According to Khanh, the computer is using power saving processors made by Intel or AMD, and that the computer has integrated the discrete graphics processor on the motherboard. Besides, it has HDMI port for connecting a computer directly to an LCD TV. As such, people can turn the computer into a high-definition or access Internet directly on TV. Meanwhile, this only consumes 50-90W of electricity.
The sets of computer are priced between nine and 10.5 million dong.
Sony has introduced a new series of laptops for businessmen with carbon made cover. The laptop just weights 1.2 kilos with 13.3 inch screen and the 1920 x 1080px resolution, and with strong configuration Intel Core I7 and power media dock. This allows to connect three separated computer screens, thus creating a large working space. Each of the screens can serve a work, either to watching stock news, or surfing on Internet, watching films, or check mails.
The laptop has the retail price of 64 million dong.
Anh Nguyen, Sale Supervisor of the Australian Antect computer retail group, said that in an effort to diversify new-technology products, Antec has introduced Gigabyte Booktop “3 in 1” to Vietnamese consumers.
This is a type of tablet PC which is neat and slight with 360o rotating touch screen, a keyboard and socket which allows people to use as a desktop computer when connecting screen, keyboard and mouse.
Meanwhile, HP and MSI have introduced high grade “all in one” series which have powerful configuration, 21-23 inch screen, multi-touch control. With the new models, users can watch films, play 3G games and save 50 percent of electricity if comparing with desktop computers with the same configuration.
All is just the beginning
Thanh Tuan in district 4 in HCM City wrote on hdvietnam forum that super-small desktop Zotac has reasonable configuration and it can be placed next to LCD TV to watch high definition movies or read online newspapers. However, Zotac is inferior in terms of audio, because professional players can give better support.
Also according to Tuan, it is too early to say about the durability, because this is a new product. The price of the product is not overly expensive.
Pham Thien Nghe Thuat, General Director of Khai Tri, which specializes in distributing “all in one” computers, said that Vietnamese consumers remain conservative.
“They just learn about the advantages of the new products, but they do not hurry to spend money to buy the products right now,” he said.
“They want other people to use new products first and then give comments. Therefore, only the products which are really useful can catch the attention from consumers,” he added.
In fact, “all in one” computers have been available in Vietnam for the last two or three years. However, it is clear that the demand for the computers is much lower than the demand for normal computers. However, analysts believe that in the near future, people would shift to use the new models.
Source: SGTT/ VNN
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam wins Gold at Asia-Pacific Informatics Olympiads
» MOET to censor news on exam cheating
» High public debt raises fiscal crisis risk: IMF official
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam fears for lacking STB to implement digital terrestrial TV program
- Unmanned aircrafts successfully tested
- Smartphone app helps fight obesity: study
- Telecoms carriers to announce services quality on websites
- Facebook blocks 'social suicide' app
- Germany tells Google to tidy up auto-complete
- The cutthroat competition among OTT apps kicks off
- When Facebook feeds the media
- Mobile-payment service Square blocks gun sales
- Conference on scientific application in business
Random Category Picks
- AP hack proves Twitter has a serious cybersecurity problem
- State-backed data spies hunt industrial secrets
- Reddit apologises for online Boston 'witch hunt'
- Judge rules using smartphone maps while driving illegal
- Amazon Web Services ramps up mobile development
- Robotic insect: World's smallest flying robot takes off
Popular Category Posts
- Hi-tech GPS bugs flooding the market
- Vietnam not fertile land for foreign telecom groups
- Gov't to promote nuclear power
- Facebook 'likes' predict personality
- Magical hands bring health studies to life
- Only 1% of software firms meet ISO standards in information security
- Students strange ant robot project has legs
- Facebook news feed revamp learns lessons from mobile
- Switching into tough competition
- Telecom-TV service providers’ cooperation would be a threat to ADSL service?
- Both analog and digital TV to be broadcasted by 2014 in 5 big cities
- Tablets, smartphones pile pressure on PCs
- Amazon suspends sales of SimCity video game
- Computer market in trouble despite growth
- Privacy 'impossible' with Google Glass warn campaigners
- Research Centers in continuous need of capital
- Gas hydrate and Vietnam’s choice
- GM crops to cut hunger, poverty
- Amazon Web Services ramps up mobile development
- Software firms gear up for outsourcing contracts