The rate of smartphone users in Vietnam is forecast to increase from 16% to 21% over the next six months, according to Ericsson ConsumerLab.
Mobile subscribers prefer data services, applications of entertainment, television, video and games.
In addition, the rate of tablet computers is supposed to jump from 2% to 5% in the same period.
Ericsson ConsumerLab found out that up to 40% smartphone users would exploit more mobile applications.
Advance payments and appropriate and diversified packages for different users have been attributed to the surge.
Source: By Khanh Phuong - VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Smartphone market: big guys unexpectedly ignite price decrease campaigns
» Vietnam is SE Asia’s fastest growing smartphone market: GfK
» Smartphone users fall prey to free prize scams
Latest Category Posts
- Providers recall unused SIMs
- Smartphone market: big guys unexpectedly ignite price decrease campaigns
- What does VNPT give MobiFone as dowry?
- One-third of VNPT mobile subscribers inactive
- Affordable smart phones will be dominants in the market
- Mobile services providers attempt to keep customers
- 3G subscribers leave 'cause of fee increases
- OTT services spark tension with major telcos
- Telecoms market eyes untapped potential
- Phone-app programmers to test their skills
Popular Category Posts
- New iPhones priced at up to VND47 mil. in Vietnam
- Big telecom groups join the OTT battle
- Vietnamobile keeps 3G rates low
- iPhone 5S than 5C officially sold in Vietnam today
- “Free wi-fi” cause headaches to mobile network operators
- Vinaphone cuts international roaming charge
- MobiFone equitization plan moves on
- Mobile users to swap networks
- Vietnamese prefer iPhone 5 than IPhone 5C
- 3G fee hikes criticized, anti-competitive practices suspected
- Telcos instructed to work alongside OTT firms
- Vietnam considers reusing 2G to upgrade 3G services
- Chinese investors charge into Vietnam smartphone market
- Apple’s iOS 7 is a potent upgrade
- Samsung extends smartphone lead over Apple
- Unhealthy competition darkens Vietnamese technology
- Vietnam should brace for 4G: experts
- iPhone 5S officially sold in Vietnam, starting at $750
- Perils latent in low-cost smart phones
- S-Fone dead actually, but the declaration of death not made yet