Police in Can Tho City have arrested Le Tuan Kiet, 50, former head of the civil verdict execution sub-department in Can Tho City’s Binh Thuy District, and his former deputy for causing a damage of US$124,000 to two local residents.
For illustration only, Photo: Internet
Kiet and 43-year-old Do Hoang Minh have been charged for “being irresponsible and causing serious consequences”, said the Supreme People’s Procuracy.
According to investigators, Kiet and Minh committed serious wrongdoings when they enforced a civil verdict issued by the city People’s Court in 2010.
Under the verdict, Nguyen Minh Chanh, a local man, had to pay VND4.7 billion ($225,000) to Ho Thi Thai Hoa, also in Can Tho. The two former officials then used two houses valued at the same amount and owned by Pham Hung Dinh and Ngo Than Thien, who were Chanh’s debtors, as a payment to Hoa.
Such a payment caused a damage of VND2.6 billion ($124,000) to Dinh and Thien, since they actually owed Chanh only VND2.1 billion.
Moreover, Kiet and Minh handed the houses over to Hoa without the presence of the houses’ owners and representatives of local authorities.
Kiet later asked the district People’s Committee to grant Hoa two certificates of house ownership and land use rights for the two houses.
After getting the certificates, Hoa sold the houses, making the case more complicated.
Source: Tuoi Tre
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam drags feet on visa reforms
» Driver says beer looters ignored his desperate cries
» Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
Latest Category Posts
- Wanted woman arrested in Ha Noi
- Vietnamese-American man faces jail term for resisting police
- Two former Vinalines leaders prosecuted for corruption
- Vietnam doctor arrested for forging prisoner’s HIV test
- Young man held for explosive threat at airport
- Former bank head faces death for fraud
- Lai Chau breaks up many drug trafficking rings
- Vietnamese expat arrested for extorting $45,000
- Bank staff detained for Phuong Nam loans
- Vietnam man gets life for sexual abuse of 10-year-old girl
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Hanoi police breaks online prostitution ring
- Dong Nai: Traffic policeman shoots two colleagues, one dead
- 3 death, 4 life sentences for drug, weapon smugglers
- Laotian caught with 2.4 kg of cocaine at airport
- Woman held for supplying prostitutes via firm’s website
- Organizers of prostitution via Internet seized
- Capt. killing superior charged with murder under provocation
- Huge drug bust in Bac Giang results in 10 arrests
- Twenty illegal air guns seized aboard ship
- Vietnam seizes two Aussies carrying 3.5kg of drugs
- Nigerian man gets 20 years for bringing drugs into VN
- U.S. visa seller Sestak’s Co-conspirator 1 seized
- Police seize 2 human traffickers, rescue 3 victims
- 2 directors arrested for motorboat sinking that killed 9
- Shoddy overseas recruiter arrested in Ha Noi
- Police bust internet gambling ring
- Russians held for stealing money using fake credit cards
- 3 held for rape, robbery after courting girls on Facebook
- Former Vinalines boss faces prosecution
- 'Telepath' held for swindling $350,000 by 'finding' soldier remains