The second suspect in the mine attack at a gold shop in Hanoi on June 21 was arrested in the early morning of June 22.
Ta Van Thanh
The first suspect, named Ta Van Thanh, 22, was arrested a short time after the attack. The second suspect is Ta Van Ha, 20. Ha was arrested in Hanoi’s neighboring province of Bac Giang. Ha is Thanh’s younger brother. They have the same father but different mothers.
Thanh and Ha come from Bac Giang province.
Thanh declared that because of poverty, he planned to rob a gold shop. He bought 4kg of industrial explosive, fuse, knives and electric stick from an unknown man at Tan Thanh market, Lang Son province, to make a mine.
At 11am of June 21, Thanh and Ha rode a motorbike to Hoang Tin gold shop, on Nguyen Thai Hoc road, with the mine in a black bag. He entered the shop, placed the bag on the cashier stall and gave the shop owner, Mr. Vu Hai Duong, a piece of paper in which Thanh wrote that he needed money and if the shop owner did not give money and gold to him, he would blast the mine.
Duong threw the bag to the door and shouted for help. Thanh ran away but the mine exploded when he ran for only 30 meters.
People called mobile police and fire-fighters, who were immediately present at the site to extinguish the fire and chase Thanh. Thanh was seized on Cat Linh road.
Police are investigating the case.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Dam work begins on Trung Son hydroelectric project
» Estonia lauds relations with Vietnam
» Vietnam forges cooperative ties with Bolivia
Latest Category Posts
- Wanted woman arrested in Ha Noi
- Vietnamese-American man faces jail term for resisting police
- Two former Vinalines leaders prosecuted for corruption
- Vietnam doctor arrested for forging prisoner’s HIV test
- Young man held for explosive threat at airport
- Former bank head faces death for fraud
- Lai Chau breaks up many drug trafficking rings
- Vietnamese expat arrested for extorting $45,000
- Bank staff detained for Phuong Nam loans
- Vietnam man gets life for sexual abuse of 10-year-old girl
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Hanoi police breaks online prostitution ring
- Dong Nai: Traffic policeman shoots two colleagues, one dead
- 3 death, 4 life sentences for drug, weapon smugglers
- Laotian caught with 2.4 kg of cocaine at airport
- Woman held for supplying prostitutes via firm’s website
- Organizers of prostitution via Internet seized
- Huge drug bust in Bac Giang results in 10 arrests
- Capt. killing superior charged with murder under provocation
- Twenty illegal air guns seized aboard ship
- Vietnam seizes two Aussies carrying 3.5kg of drugs
- Nigerian man gets 20 years for bringing drugs into VN
- U.S. visa seller Sestak’s Co-conspirator 1 seized
- Police seize 2 human traffickers, rescue 3 victims
- 2 directors arrested for motorboat sinking that killed 9
- Shoddy overseas recruiter arrested in Ha Noi
- Police bust internet gambling ring
- Russians held for stealing money using fake credit cards
- 3 held for rape, robbery after courting girls on Facebook
- Former Vinalines boss faces prosecution
- Trader of fake Japanese soy sauce held