Question (A Singaporean) I got marriage with a Vietnamese citizen and live in Việt Nam. Could I open a consulting room or pharmacy in Việt Nam?
The Government’s Decree 103/2003/NĐ-CP allows foreign individuals and organizations as well as overseas Vietnamese to engage in medical and pharmaceutical practice.
The Ministry of Health (MoH) will license the applicants if they meet the following conditions:
- Able to satisfy the demand of health care of Vietnamese and/or foreigners in Việt Nam;
- Having locations, medical equipment and other necessary conditions in conformity with the MoH’s regulations;
- The heads of foreign-invested medical examination and treatment establishments, the heads or professional managers of enterprises dealing in pharmacy, vaccines, or medical bio-products must be licensed by the MoH;
- Foreigners directly involved in examination and treatment must be fluent in Vietnamese or have interpreters. Their prescriptions must be written in Vietnamese and the language of the foreigners who directly give the medical examinations and prescriptions.
So, a Singaporean doctor will be able to open a clinic or pharmacy in Việt Nam if he meets the criteria and receives a certificate from the MoH./.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Germany funds Vietnamese biodiversity preservation
» Int’l project improves invasive species management capacity
» Doctors conducted surgery at home to save pregnant woman
Latest Category Posts
- Fresh policies come into force in November
- Fresh guidelines for foreign interests in education
- New admin offence ruling
- Regulation on information supply announced
- Procedures for marriage to foreigners to be simpler, faster
- Vietnamese jailed abroad can be sent home to continue sentence
- Laws, resolutions, ordinances announced
- The Law of the Sea of Viet Nam
- Businessman gets death for murder in China
- New rules to govern notary fees