Four new laws on archives, weights and measurements, complaints and denunciations were promulgated on Dec. 6 by the President's Office.
The Law on Archives regulates the duties and responsibilities of agencies, organisations and individuals involved in managing archives. It also regulates professional training for archivists and operation of archive services.
The new Law on Weights and Measurements imposes more stringent fines on violations of weights and measurements regulations.The new law also regulates control experiments for periodic examination of scales, meters and other equipment used by businesses to prevent collusion between businesses and testing agencies.
The Law on Complaints provides for the rights and obligations of those who make complaints, as well as the recipients of these complaints and attorneys involved in representing complainants.
The Law on Denunciations regulates the responsibilities of relevant agencies in protecting whistleblowers and maintaining confidentiality of information relating to denunciations.
It also provides for the announcement of denunciation contents and administrative handling and punishment for violations of the law.
All the four laws, which were passed by the National Assembly last month, will take effect on July 1 of next year./.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Presidential office unveils latest laws
» Low income earners to benefit from new laws
» Call for new laws to halt abuse of transfer pricing
Latest Category Posts
- Fresh policies come into force in November
- Fresh guidelines for foreign interests in education
- New admin offence ruling
- Regulation on information supply announced
- Procedures for marriage to foreigners to be simpler, faster
- Vietnamese jailed abroad can be sent home to continue sentence
- Laws, resolutions, ordinances announced
- The Law of the Sea of Viet Nam
- Businessman gets death for murder in China
- New rules to govern notary fees