City: Da Nang
|2. 479 JSC.|
Category: Civil Engineering
City: Nghe An, Vinh City
|3. Lilama 45.3 JSC.|
Category: Civil Engineering
City: Quang Ngai
|4. Celadon Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
City: Thua Thien Hue
City: Tuy Hoa
|6. Huda Brewery Co., LTD.|
The Ministry of Health has so far identified the ‘Ricketsia’ virus as cause of the bizarre skin disease that has afflicted residents in the central province of Quang Ngai, said a health official on April 24.
A medic examines bruises on students
Pham Hong Phuong, director of the Department of Health in Quang Ngai Province, said that medical experts have initially identified the Risketsia virus as cause of the baffling skin disease in Ba Dien Commune in Ba To District.
Of 26 blood samples taken of patients, 14 tested positive for Ricketsia virus, with 30 per cent of the samples showing small and fragile red blood cells that could have caused death in patients.
Till April 24, Quang Ngai Province had reported 172 cases of the skin disease infection, eight of whom had died at medical clinics and 11 having died at home. The disease begins with a rash on the hands and feet, and progresses to affect and damage the liver and subsequently damages other body organs.
As the disease develops unpredictably, the province leaders have decided to equip the General Hospital with a blood filtering machine for reducing fatalities.
In addition, the province will support 5 per cent of the health insurance expenses of patients affected with this mysterious skin disease and being treated at the Quy Hoa National Leprosy Dermatology Hospital.
As scheduled, the ministry will send a mission team to the province on April 24 to continue finding out the causes of the disease.
Meantime, another strange disease occurred in Son Ha District of Quang Ngai Province. Many people are beginning to suffer bruises in feet, hands and face without any clear cause. The disease has hospitalised 19 students so far.
Medical workers in district centres examined and gave drugs to the students, but the cause of the disease is yet unknown. As of now, it is suspected to be a skin disease caused by contact with chemical herbicides.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Bizarre skin disease outbreaks again in Quang Ngai
» Bizarre skin disease hits Quang Ngai Province
» Strange skin disease is chronic intoxication
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam moves to eradicate rabies by 2020
- Ministry to get tougher on immunisation malpractice
- Fund for HIV/AIDS treatment hard to find
- Spread of hand-foot-mouth disease concerns hospitals
- Expired vaccines given to children
- Patients praise satellite hospital services
- VN shares anti-epidemic experience in Geneva
- New technique shows premature birth interrupts vital brain development
- Flesh-eating bacteria appears in Vietnam
- From sore throat to life-threatening complications
Popular Category Posts
- 35 years, Vietnamese’s height increases by 4cm
- HIV infections tend to rise in Nghe An
- Aspirin may lower melanoma risk: U.S. study
- TV time 'does not breed badly behaved children'
- Number of children with autism in HCMC rises 160 times
- Prenatal screening to roll out across Mekong Delta
- Children at risk from environmental influences
- Bizarre skin disease outbreaks again in Quang Ngai
- Health franchises aid rural women
- More couples face infertility
- Social isolation 'increases death risk in older people'
- Hand, foot and mouth disease spreads to 60 localities in VN
- Green tea, coffee may help lower stroke risk: study
- Hospital overload still stressful
- Fatal disease blamed on contaminated rice
- Grandparents 'may relay autism risk to grandchildren'
- Doctors operate on wrong leg of Mekong woman
- Fatal SKIN disease caused by Aflatoxin
- Quitting smoking helps hearts, even with weight gain
- After surgery in Taiwan, aging woman gets old again