|1. VG PIPE|
City: Vinh Phuc
|2. Alphanam Group|
City: Ha Noi
|3. Saigon Securities Inc....|
Category: Business Finance
City: Ho Chi Minh
|4. Vietnam Fish-One Co.,...|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Hau Giang Province
|5. CMID JSC.|
Category: Building Materials
City: Ho Chi Minh
|6. Hoa Binh Co., LTD.|
Category: Construction Services
City: Ha Noi
The Ministry of Health’s mission finished their field-trip survey in Ba Dien commune in the central province of Quang Ngai, and defined several elements that cause the strange skin disease, including moldy rice, fleas and environment.
Health workers decontaminate water resources in Reu village, where 21 people died of the unknown skin disease.
Dr. Phan Trong Lan, Vice Chief of the Preventive Medicine Agency, confirmed that many elements caused the strange disease.
He said that experts detected Aflatoxin toxin in moldy rice (which is fermented under the custom of H’re ethnic minority people) used by local people. “This toxin is dangerous for the liver. It can cause cirrhosis and even liver cancer,” he said.
The Ministry of Health asked the local government to provide white rice to the people.
Dr. Trieu Nguyen Trung, director of the Central Institute for Malaria and Parasitology, said that polluted environment is another element.
According to Trung, most of local people live in narrow houses on stilts, which do not have windows. They raise cattle under their houses. Experts found out a lot of fleas in their sedge mats. These mats were destroyed and locals were provided with new mats.
Experts said that of the four villages that have strange skin diseases, the environment in Tuong village was better so it had fewer patients than the three others.
The Ministry of Health is releasing an official report on May 14.
A patient named Pham Thi An, who has hospitalized for over 10 times but her disease has not been cured yet, has been moved to the Hue Central Hospital. She will be given a free liver transplant. Up to four people in Ms. An’s family got this disease. Her son died.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Bizarre skin disease outbreaks again in Quang Ngai
» Bizarre skin disease hits Quang Ngai Province
» Strange skin disease is chronic intoxication
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam deliberating on surrogate births
- Ministry to get tougher on immunisation malpractice
- Fund for HIV/AIDS treatment hard to find
- Spread of hand-foot-mouth disease concerns hospitals
- Expired vaccines given to children
- Patients praise satellite hospital services
- VN shares anti-epidemic experience in Geneva
- New technique shows premature birth interrupts vital brain development
- Flesh-eating bacteria appears in Vietnam
- From sore throat to life-threatening complications
Random Category Picks
- Genetic link to laziness found in rats: study
- Doctors rescue woman’s set of teeth that stuck together for 30 years
- DNA test reveals 80 markers for inherited cancer risk
- Quinvaxem vaccine from Korea lifted after severe allergy cases
- Swordfish pierces a fisherman’s belly
- Walk-to-burn-calorie menu 'diet aid'
Popular Category Posts
- 35 years, Vietnamese’s height increases by 4cm
- HIV infections tend to rise in Nghe An
- TV time 'does not breed badly behaved children'
- Aspirin may lower melanoma risk: U.S. study
- Number of children with autism in HCMC rises 160 times
- Prenatal screening to roll out across Mekong Delta
- Children at risk from environmental influences
- Health franchises aid rural women
- More couples face infertility
- Social isolation 'increases death risk in older people'
- Hand, foot and mouth disease spreads to 60 localities in VN
- Green tea, coffee may help lower stroke risk: study
- Hospital overload still stressful
- Fatal disease blamed on contaminated rice
- Grandparents 'may relay autism risk to grandchildren'
- Doctors operate on wrong leg of Mekong woman
- Fatal SKIN disease caused by Aflatoxin
- Quitting smoking helps hearts, even with weight gain
- After surgery in Taiwan, aging woman gets old again
- Energy drinks may increase blood pressure, disturb heart rhythm: research