|1. Hương Quế Co., LTD.|
|2. Sao Viet Screenprinters|
City: Quang Nam
|3. Dong A Co., LTD.|
Category: Small Business
City: Da Nang
Category: Product Development
City: Quang Nam
City: Da Nang
|6. 479 JSC.|
Category: Civil Engineering
City: Nghe An, Vinh City
The HIV/AIDS infection rate has fallen during the past three consecutive years, official statistics show.
Associate Professor and Deputy Director General of the Vietnam Authority of HIV/AIDS Control Bui Duc Duong said as of the Q1/2012, there had been some 201,134 HIV patients alive. The number of newly-detected cases was 1,065 fewer against the same period of 2011.
Vietnam has 57,733 AIDS carriers alive, down 760 cases. Some 61,579 cases reported death, a decrease of 214 against the same period last year.
The Authority however said the HIV infection rate among people aged 30-39 is rising, particularly among female group.
To improve the awareness of rural residents, communication programs have been accelerated. In Q1/2012, more than 5,200 propagandists conducted direct communication activities to help some 3.6 million rural residents know more about HIV/AIDS infection risks.
These propagandists also met and provided free-of-charge syringes to 50-60% of drug addicts and offered condoms to 40 -50% of the prostitutes.
At present, Vietnam houses 43 methadone treatment centers with over 9,500 patients and 308 facilities for HIV/AIDS treatment.
Associate Professor and Deputy Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long said his Ministry would step up drastic measures to secure the sustainability of HIV/AIDS fight.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Fund for HIV/AIDS treatment hard to find
» VN makes progress in AIDS/HIV fight
» VN hails US assistance for HIV/AIDS control
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam deliberating on surrogate births
- Ministry to get tougher on immunisation malpractice
- Fund for HIV/AIDS treatment hard to find
- Spread of hand-foot-mouth disease concerns hospitals
- Expired vaccines given to children
- Patients praise satellite hospital services
- VN shares anti-epidemic experience in Geneva
- New technique shows premature birth interrupts vital brain development
- Flesh-eating bacteria appears in Vietnam
- From sore throat to life-threatening complications
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- 35 years, Vietnamese’s height increases by 4cm
- HIV infections tend to rise in Nghe An
- TV time 'does not breed badly behaved children'
- Aspirin may lower melanoma risk: U.S. study
- Number of children with autism in HCMC rises 160 times
- Prenatal screening to roll out across Mekong Delta
- Children at risk from environmental influences
- Health franchises aid rural women
- More couples face infertility
- Social isolation 'increases death risk in older people'
- Hand, foot and mouth disease spreads to 60 localities in VN
- Green tea, coffee may help lower stroke risk: study
- Hospital overload still stressful
- Fatal disease blamed on contaminated rice
- Grandparents 'may relay autism risk to grandchildren'
- Doctors operate on wrong leg of Mekong woman
- Fatal SKIN disease caused by Aflatoxin
- Quitting smoking helps hearts, even with weight gain
- After surgery in Taiwan, aging woman gets old again
- Energy drinks may increase blood pressure, disturb heart rhythm: research