A dynamite explosion was heard in Anh The jewelry shop in Nha Trang City yesterday, about a year and a haft after it lost 200 taels of gold in a 2010 robbery, local authorities reported.
Kim The jewelry shop in Nha Trang City, where a dynamite explosion occurred yesterday morning, May 16, Photo: Dan Tri
The owner of the shop, Phung Thi Canh, her husband, and other members of her family managed to safely escape from the explosion.
At 1:30 am Thursday, while Canh and her relatives were sleeping on the seconf floor of the shop, they heard a loud explosion coming from the ground floor and then the sound of the alarm system that was activated by the explosion.
While black smokes and a burnt smell pervaded throughout the house, the family’s members forced the back door of the house open and escaped safely, she said.
They later found a 30 x 10 cm hole at the bottom of one side of the shop’s folding iron door, which was partly damaged by the explosion.
However, all of the gold displayed in the windows on the ground floor remained intact.
Local police were called to the scene for examination and investigation. They initially concluded that the explosive could have been placed outside the door.
Phung Thi Canh, the gold shop's owner, told police that her family has no enemies (Photo: Tien Phong)
Canh told police that she and her husband have no enemies and they have a good relationship with their neighbors.
She also said she has been involved in the gold business for 20 years and has had no conflicts with any customers or partners.
Canh told police that on November 7, 2010, a robbery occurred in her shop and she lost 200 taels of gold, or 240 ounces, worth US$371,600, to thieves who broke into the house from the terrace.
The police are investigating the explosion to track down suspects.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Mobile police groups handle traffic violators based on images
- Woman sues cop for unlawful corset search
- Nationwide hunt for owner of Gucci-Milano store in HCMC
- Three questioned for making money on porn websites
- Four companies involved in transporting 229kg of heroin to Taiwan
- Liquor firm’s director held after 6 poisoning deaths
- Three men face prosecution for $72 bln treasure scam
- Woman arrested for performing plastic surgery at an inn
- Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
- Penalty on persons involved in looting beer from overturned truck
Popular Category Posts
- Regulations released for overseas workers
- Vietnam agrees to extradite 2 Russian criminals
- Vietnam deports Bulgarians who stole money from ATMs
- Foreigner-related regulations take effect in Jan-Oct
- New policies take effect in October
- Japanese man reports being assaulted at backpacker hotel
- Life-sentence prisoner on parole after 10 years claiming innocence
- Two tonnes of elephant tusks seized
- Police seize plant growth stimulants
- New clue found in $72,000 lottery lawsuit
- Chinese tourist fined for bringing wrong maps into Vietnam
- Man arrested in bogus labor export scam
- Police arrest suspected killers of wild elephants
- Online gamers banned from playing over 3 hours a day
- Airborne drug traffickers apply vivid imagination
- 13-year-old girl colludes with boyfriend to extort mother
- Hanoi called on to boost crime prevention
- Vietnam relic fire suspects work for government: police
- Couple arrested for selling five women to Chinese brothels
- Scammers bait victims with cheap plane tickets