Two women in the central province of Binh Dinh have been arrested for resisting against law enforcement employees.
Nguyen Thi Hong (left) and Truong Thi My Le.
Lieutenant-colonel Nguyen Tan Dan, Vice Chief of investigative police bureau of Duc Pho district, the central province of Quang Ngai, told correspondents on June 4--that on June 3, traffic police officers detected a motorbike that broke traffic rules on National Highway 24A, in Duc Pho district.
A man, Pham Van Trung, 38, drove the motorbike, carrying two women. All of them did not wear helmets.
The driver said that he accidentally met the two strange women who asked for a lift and he agreed to help. He admitted his mistakes and signed the minutes.
Though Trung, a stranger, was fined but the two women, Truong Thi My Le and Nguyen Thi Hong, insulted police officers.
Policemen explained Trung’s mistakes to the two women and seized the motorbike in accordance with the law. However, the two women kept insulting policemen and tried to prevent them from taking the motorbike to the local police station.
The two women shouted down, slandered and lured people to the site. Hong beat police officers with her hands. When Hong was controlled, Le threw bricks at the policemen. A police officer was lightly injured.
Truong Thi Le attacked policemen by bricks.
Witnesses showed their discontentment against the two women and asked relevant agencies to punish them.
According to an initial investigation, Hong and Le resided in Binh Dinh province but they ran a coffee shop named Valentine in Quang Ngai province. This café had been detected as a site for prostitution and drug addicts. After the former manager was arrested, Hong and Le took over the café.
This café is situated on the roadside of National Highway 24A, which is a stop-over site of long-distance truck drivers.
Local police are investigating the case.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Professional thief arrested in Hai Phong
» Six arrested in $45 million global cybercrime scheme
» Man arrested in bogus labor export scam
Latest Category Posts
- Liquor firm’s director held after 6 poisoning deaths
- Three men face prosecution for $72 bln treasure scam
- Woman arrested for performing plastic surgery at an inn
- Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
- Penalty on persons involved in looting beer from overturned truck
- Vice PM calls for more efforts in crime combat
- Hanoi tax evader jailed for 28 months
- Drug precursor found hidden in shampoo, hair dye
- Fine of up to $14.40 for ignoring smoking bans
- 8 foreigners detained for soaking durian in dubious chemical
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Regulations released for overseas workers
- Vietnam agrees to extradite 2 Russian criminals
- Vietnam deports Bulgarians who stole money from ATMs
- Foreigner-related regulations take effect in Jan-Oct
- New policies take effect in October
- Japanese man reports being assaulted at backpacker hotel
- Life-sentence prisoner on parole after 10 years claiming innocence
- Two tonnes of elephant tusks seized
- Police seize plant growth stimulants
- New clue found in $72,000 lottery lawsuit
- Man arrested in bogus labor export scam
- Chinese tourist fined for bringing wrong maps into Vietnam
- Police arrest suspected killers of wild elephants
- Online gamers banned from playing over 3 hours a day
- Airborne drug traffickers apply vivid imagination
- 13-year-old girl colludes with boyfriend to extort mother
- Hanoi called on to boost crime prevention
- Vietnam relic fire suspects work for government: police
- Couple arrested for selling five women to Chinese brothels
- Man accused of stealing from poor