When policemen came, the woman was attempting to throw a little girl to the Red River. The girl was heart-rending--crying and clinging to the banister.
Lieutenant-colonel Le Duc Doan arrested a robber on Chuong Duong bridge last year.
On the evening of June 6, lieutenant-colonel Le Duc Doan of the traffic police team No. 1 of Hanoi Police Agency and two colleagues from the traffic police team No. 5 were on duty at the northern station of Chuong Duong Bridge when they were reported about a dubious woman who carried a child onto the bridge.
When the three traffic police officers came to the site, they saw a middle-aged woman who already lifted a little girl through the banister to throw her to the Red River. The child was panicked. She cried and clang tightly to the banister.
Lieutenant-colonel Doan and another policeman rushed to get the child. Another policeman held the woman to prevent her from jumping into the river.
After that, the woman, 46, cried and said that she attempted to suicide with her daughter because of family conflict. The woman regained her composure after over two hours. She said her home is in Hoan Kiem district and her daughter is 9 year old.
Doan and his colleagues have rescued many people who attempted to suicide on the Chuong Duong Bridge in recent years.
The police officer is honored as a ‘hero’ and a good traffic police officer by the online community.
|< Prev||Next >|
» All-action animal rescuers ooze pets appeal
» Bomber kills 12 at funeral in northern Iraq
» Two foreigners rescued off Nha Trang coast
Latest Category Posts
- Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
- Penalty on persons involved in looting beer from overturned truck
- Vice PM calls for more efforts in crime combat
- Hanoi tax evader jailed for 28 months
- Drug precursor found hidden in shampoo, hair dye
- Fine of up to $14.40 for ignoring smoking bans
- 8 foreigners detained for soaking durian in dubious chemical
- Filipino detained for smuggling cocaine
- Chinese plant growth stimulant contains banned substance
- Customs did not check the shipment containing 230kg of heroin
Random Category Picks
- Administrative punishments in advertising sector
- Court asks for criminal probe into lottery lawsuit
- Sleeping with call girls earns $24-$237 fines: decree
- Road, railway violation regulations drop penalty levels
- Neglectors of relatives to be fined up to $94
- Authorities detain nearly 100 at HCM City bar
Popular Category Posts
- Regulations released for overseas workers
- Vietnam agrees to extradite 2 Russian criminals
- Vietnam deports Bulgarians who stole money from ATMs
- Foreigner-related regulations take effect in Jan-Oct
- New policies take effect in October
- Japanese man reports being assaulted at backpacker hotel
- Life-sentence prisoner on parole after 10 years claiming innocence
- Two tonnes of elephant tusks seized
- Police seize plant growth stimulants
- New clue found in $72,000 lottery lawsuit
- Man arrested in bogus labor export scam
- Police arrest suspected killers of wild elephants
- Chinese tourist fined for bringing wrong maps into Vietnam
- Online gamers banned from playing over 3 hours a day
- Airborne drug traffickers apply vivid imagination
- 13-year-old girl colludes with boyfriend to extort mother
- Vietnam relic fire suspects work for government: police
- Hanoi called on to boost crime prevention
- Mistress has sex with a guest, mistaking him as her husband
- Couple arrested for selling five women to Chinese brothels